1. Alegria Moonlight

Alegria Moonlight New Member

Where should I post my stories?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Alegria Moonlight, Jan 12, 2021.

I write scripts for my graphic novels that I am going to make in the future, as well as for animations that I will make myself, but I do not know which area to put them under. While yes it is a script I am not looking for critiques on how to write scripts better, since they will be used only by me, I am looking for critiques on dialogue, going from one scene to another, character development, etc. So I would prefer to either put scripts that I will make in the near future under either Fantasy or Mystery since I write stories on both, but I don't know if I'm allowed to do that since it is a script. Which one should I put the scripts under?

2. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Hello. I'd recommend putting them in scripts. It's not screenplays specifically. I suggest the genre in the title and starting the post with a caveat on what you would like critiqued and what you are not after, too. No matter where you put it some people may provide the incorrect critique, but that's the nature of the beast. Just be nice and clear about what it is, and what you are after. If it doesn't work out, reach out to the mod team and we can see how we can help find a more suitable home. But for now, let's try the script area.

3. Alegria Moonlight

Ok, but one more question with scripts that I forgot to add: In the guidelines, at least I think they were guidelines, it said to "NEVER post an entire script!". Do I have to do that? Because if I want to share the story so that the story itself can be critiqued I would need to share the whole script.

4. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

To be honest I'm not sure why that rule is in place as it pre-dates the current mod team. It could be that posting works in their entirety means they can easily be stolen, while samples of works are harder to steal as there are bits missing that would be hard to replicate and allow the copyright holder to prove ownership.

It's also because full scripts would make the post far too long.

I guess use your discretion on the length. But I would advise not posting the whole work for your own safety. A sample is often enough to get an idea of character and dialogue. try that first and see how you go and if it provides useful feedback.

If this doesn't suit, I can have a chat with the mod team about the best approach, as graphic novel scripts are rare.

5. Alegria Moonlight

Ok I'm good with that, I use Wattpad to share my stories, or at least I will, anyway.