1. Pyra Sunny

Pyra Sunny New Member

Insert Creative Title

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pyra Sunny, Sep 12, 2017.

Once, there was a young girl who dreamed of pursuing writing as a career. She had plenty of time to write, seeing as she recently got married and has no school or job to speak of and won't for at least half a year more. Sadly, she found herself undergoing long stretches of boredom where she watched anime instead of putting fingers to keyboard in an attempt at story-telling.
    She didn't really believe she had a chance at making it into a paying career. She was rather insecure about her writing from the beginning, and seeing just how many people would also inundate the world with their stories only made her feel more inadequate. She had plenty of stories already written and more to tell, but she wasn't confident anyone would actually read them.
    We join our lovely protagonist as she stares at a forum titled "New Member Introductions." She frets about what to write, what to say to make her stand out among the crowd. Should she mention her red hair? Her blog? The stories she has "published" online? How she's looking for like-minded friends?
    She ponders this for moments on end, her fingers typing out her thoughts, spilling them onto the white blankness of the thread... hoping she doesn't sound too pretentious.

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

A little while after her stream of thoughts comes to an end, a figure appears before her.
    "Welcome", he says and extends a hand towards her. "Come with me and I'll guide you in your quest." Together they walked along through the streets of the forum.
    "It can be tough in the beginning, when you are unsure of your own skills and there are so many others around you. But don't be afraid. Be open, and you will find yourself embraced and respected as an equal," the figure tells her.
    They arrive at the entrance to a tall tower, at the very centre of the forum.
    "There are few things that cannot be found among these streets. Discussions, contests, workshops, journals, even a bookstore, are among the many things on offer. Climb this tower to the top, and you will reach the New Member Quick Start. It will give you a view over the entire forum, from its general laws down to its many streets and squares. It will mark the start of your journey, and remain as a beacon should you ever get lost." He opens the heavy wooden doors and gestures for the girl to enter.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Sunny. I take it your weakness is water? :p

4. Pyra Sunny

Pyra Sunny New Member

@Moon Solid water, actually...

@Komposten She curtsies solemnly and proceeds into the tower, looking around with wide eyes.

Komposten likes this.
  5. OhHeatherYouDidnt

OhHeatherYouDidnt New Member

Hello! I am a new member as well. I can tell that I will find wonderful inspiration and assistance from this group.

Lisa

Komposten likes this.