Tags:
  1. Amontillado

Amontillado Senior Member

Ulysses beta announced

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Amontillado, Jan 13, 2019.

There is a new version of Ulysses on the way and a beta program has been announced - https://ulysses.app/blog/

I like Ulysses. It's simple and reliable. Although split editor windows are announced in the new beta, it already allows opening as many windows as you want on the Mac. I think the new split editor is probably more of an IOS improvement than anything earthshaking on the Mac.

Glad to hear about the upgrade coming. I like Ulysses. I feel guilty about that, actually, because the folks at Literature and Latte are truly a writer's best friend, and because I like to hate subscription-ware.

I currently do all my writing in either Ulysses or Nisus Writer Pro, but I also really like Scrivener. I keep a current and upgraded license to Scrivener because I might start using it again, and Literature and Latte are worth supporting.

David Lee likes this.
  2. Matt E

Matt E Ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8 Contributor

Hmm, I wish they put screenshots in the post. I guess I don't know what to expect from their bullet list there. I've written in Ulysses for a while now. Probably won't use a split view though, I prefer to keep my focus on just one sheet at a time.

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

I like Ulysses as well, but Highland 2 has caught my eye. No subscription for that (though I get Ulysses through SetApp, which I’d subscribe to anyway).