1. Manganatsu101

Manganatsu101 New Member

Plot development for comics/manga help

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Manganatsu101, Oct 17, 2020.

I am having trouble writing the 3rd chapter of my comic. Here’s the run down of my chapters so far:
    Plot: in short, A boy who manifested powers at a young age wants to have a normal life. But Having a rough childhood because of what he is, he struggles with finding himself and his purpose in the world. But he later finds out about his lineage and what he must do to protect his kind and others as well from an antagonist that wants to change the world of what their kind should actually be. (Protagonist wants to fight against stereotypes and antagonist wants to go with stereotypes).

ch. 1- the reader is shown the protagonist’s flashbacks that occur throughout the story. They are also informed about who he is and how he is different from everyone else. They also know that the mc (main character) wants to have a normal life which is his goal in the plot of the story (so they hide their culture all together to keep their life normal). So the chapter sets the character’s normal life as they go to college, has a friendship etc. But at the end, the mc and their childhood friend get into trouble and is later saved from someone else who then becomes the mc’s new friend. The reader also finds out about the antagonist. (But doesn’t actually appear)

Ch. 2- it’s mainly about development of the mc and their childhood friend’s relationship. The mc discovers more about himself, his kind, and the lineage of his family from the new friend he made (the new friend is the same as him). Knowing that he made a friend that understands him, the mc strays away from his childhood friend who is different from him. The mc turns into a rebel and goes against what they believe in with their new friend. In turn, the mc and their childhood friend start to become distant and the mc realizes that their childhood friend is the one who deeply knows them better

For chapter 3 I was planning to have something big happen such as an accident or something that would shift the story so the reader can jump into the main plot of the story. There is going to be 2 worlds (a place where the mc’s kind is from and where he lives now) involved but I’m starting to think that maybe it should just be one?
    And if the first and second chapter isn’t well, what can I change about it??