1. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PencilJockey, Nov 12, 2006.

Let's start a movie review thread shall we? I'm a huge movie lover and enjoy all different kinds of genres from b-movies to dramas to horror movies to romance. Some genre's I prefer over others, those being Horror movies.

Let's not put any spoilers in this thread, but if you like to discuss movies then by all means share your opinion and talk on!

2. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

A movie I watched last night that had me cracking up but at the same time was utterly stupid was Evil Alien Conquerers. The plot was absurd in a cheesy Saturday Night Live way. I actually meant to check to see if it was a SNL production. It had to do with two extremely inept aliens that were sent to Earth to behead everyone and take over. Their ridiculous escapades are good for a laugh but don't plan on learning anything substantial from this movie.

I give it a 6.5 out of 10.

-Jen

3. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I've just watched Final Fantasy: Advent Children.

I managed to reduce the movie to less than 30 minutes by only watching the fight scenes. Didn't really compromise the plot for me as I wisely read the blurb on the back of the dvd first.

I give it a super 7.567890 out of 10.

I would have given 10 but too many male characters looked freakishly feminine, I donno.. it's probably just me... me and my come and go blurred vision.

4. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

Contact, 10 of 10. Best Science Fiction movie of all time. That's all one needs to know, really.

5. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

Let's see...one of the new one's (DVD) I just watched was Larry the Cable guy: Health Inspector. It was definately one of the funniest movies of the year- had me laughing through the whole thing. Of course it didn't have the best of actors in it and was a little short on plot and storyline.

8 out of 10 because it was definately funny and for a comedy that's almost all that matters.

6. llama

llama New Member

I recently watched "The Chronicles of Narnia: The lion the witch and the wardrobe." (2005) I loved it! Th special effects, for one thing, are amazing. Also, I loved the storyline, and the religious aspect of it. 10 out of 10.
    ________
    cheap glass bongs

7. M.Kirk

M.Kirk New Member

I think Jodie Foster is one of the most talented actresses out there, personally.

8. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

I loved this movie as well. It had a great story and from what I've heard, good execution from the books. I still haven't read them.

9. Raven

Raven Banned

I've just watched a movie called 16 blocks it stars bruce willis. I don't usually Like Bruce Willis films however i loved this one 7/10.

~Raven.

10. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

I have not watched this movie, but I would like to comment on Bruce Willis. I'm not a huge fan of his although I don't abhor his work either. I must say that I loved the voice over he did for RJ the raccoon in Over The Hedge. Have you watched that movie? I personally loved every minute.

11. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

IF you've seen Strangers With Candy then my new icon may look mighty familiar. The movie was hilarious and much better than the TV shows. If you're into outlandishly cutting humor then I suggest you see this movie.

9 of 10

12. Raven

Raven Banned

I just watched the posiedon the 2006 version.
    All I can say on this tripe is 1/10

The original was far better.

13. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

Night of the Dead

If you like cheesy horror movies then this is the one for you. The plot was a little stretched, but that tends to be the case in B movies. It also had a cartwheeling zombie which was HILARIOUS to watch. Don't expect this to be a serious film, because it's pure cheese.

5 out of 5 blocks of cheese

P.S. Do not get this one mixed up with Night of the Living Dead, Romero's awesome black and white zombie flick. Other than they both have zombies there is no similarity whatsoever.

14. Raven

Raven Banned

lmao yeah i saw that years ago lol have you seen the third one. Now thats corny.

15. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

No I don't believe I have watched the third one. It's entirely possible that I have and simply forget. Sometimes my boyfriend and I get huge movie marathon bugs and watch so many movies some of the less memorable ones run together. :)

16. Vivienne Crow

Vivienne Crow New Member

I just hired out the third movie in the "I Know What You Did Last Summer" franchise and well lets just say even though the first two movies were good but very teenybopper (im still a huge fan though) this one blowed them out of the water....it was crapper then crap! lol i dont even give it a rating.

And i also hired out Nightwatch....strange. thats all i can say.

xXLadyFrostXx

17. PencilJockey

PencilJockey New Member

Definately strange, but worth seeing in my opinion. It was a tid slow in the beginning but picked up speed. I liked it.

18. Vivienne Crow

Vivienne Crow New Member

i think i might watch it again, and see if understand it a little bit more the second time...i watched the special features and found out that the movies were actually meant to be a series of tv episodes. so the first movie is fast paced because it was supose to be the first few eps, and then the second movie is said to have a different and slower feel to it.

and the director said in the interview that he was very surprised that the world audience actually got what the movie was about as he was only meaning for the movie to be set for a Russian Audience, so now i dont feel so bad that i kind of dont get it...i wasnt meant to lol!

xXLadyFrostXx

19. Jolly

Jolly New Member

I saw the digitally remastered Fritz Lang's "Metropolis". The work put into reconstructing the film is mind blowing, not a scratch in the picture in sight. Now to the movie, quite possibly the greatest (or most famous, whichever suits you.) silent film ever. If you love Sci-fi, this DVD is a must to see where the genre really took off. Rich in symbolisim and excitment its a great film.

20. M.Kirk

M.Kirk New Member

Has anyone else seen Click with Adam Sandler? It had an emotional punch I seriously wasn't expecting. The commercials for it portay it as a comedy, which it is for the first half or so, but then it just stabs you right in the chest with these heartbreaking scenes.

I'm a guy, and I will willingly admit that I cried watching this movie. The first movie I've cried at since I don't even remember when. I'd give it a 10/10, there's barely anything I'd change about it.

21. Vivienne Crow

Vivienne Crow New Member

dont worry i know exactly what you're talking about. it was heaps funny and then bam!!! they get you with criesville. i dont know if liked the fact that it got really really emotional but i still loved this movie...it had a different feel then any other adam sandler movie.

xXLadyFrostXx