Into the hood

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Mr Mr, Feb 4, 2014.

1. BrandonrockstheAM

BrandonrockstheAM Active Member

Hannibal heard the small creak as he climbed the stairs. The man was right behind him, with a gun at Hannibal's back. The man was right-handed. Hannibal reached the 2nd floor, and continued walking towards his room. God, if this didn't work, he'd be dead. If it did, he would take care of the problem of the gun.

They reached his door. Hannibal breathed deeply, reaching for the knob. Turning it, he stepped inside the tiniest bit, then as quickly as he could, turned, grabbed the man's arm, pulled, and slammed the door behind him. The gun shot into the wall, combined with a yell. Hannibal held the door as closed as he could, holding the man's arm crunched between the door and the wall. He grabbed the gun from the man's hand, and breathed deeply before the door smashed open.

Hannibal fumbled with the gun until he had it pointed at the man. The man rushed at him, grabbing at the gun before Hannibal shot again. The man yelled again as the bullet tore a hole through his best hand.

He clutched at his hand, glaring at Hannibal. "I underestimated you, kid. I'm liking you even more. That also means I want to kill you a lot more. So..." he grabbed for another gun, and had it pointed at Hannibal in a flash. "Here's another. By the way, that gun only has one more bullet."

Hannibal realized there was a term for this. Mexican standoff, as he could recall.

"Are you going to take the chance? Try and shoot it out of my hand before I fire? Because that's the only way you're going to survive this."

Well. If there's only one option, he didn't see another way out. Pressing the trigger, the gun flew out of the man's hands. The man reacted quickly, lunging for Hannibal just as he fired. The man pressed down hard on Hannibal's chest, and Hannibal let out a choked breath. Before the man could suppress his arms, he grabbed at the man's arms, and bit down on the man's cheek.

The man yelled again, and Hannibal punched his other cheek before managing to get out from under the man. He ran into the hallway, near his parents' room, and turned into the bathroom, grabbing at a loose drawer and pulling it out. Inside was a single pair of scissors that he grabbed before the man ran through the doorway, grimacing.

Hannibal slipped the drawer closed, then backed away nearer to the shower room as the man came closer.

"I am going to kill you, kid. Those scissors won't do you much good when I have my hands around your neck."

Hannibal backed under the mirror, near his mother's makeup station, and clenched at the scissors. Now, this was a gamble.

2. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

The Valkyries
    ...And Grandma
    Fay's mind perfectly recalled the information on the file she'd just read about the Valkyries, as she walked alone down the street to a nearby electronics store for parts that she needed for a repair.

Name: Project Valkyrie
    Info: Highly trained female soldiers who are given a variant of Siren called valkyrie (V41kyr13). The drug has a shorter range but a more intense effect. People near the valkyrie (or user of the drug) are subject to vivid hallucinations. Hallucinations vary between subjects but are consistently centered around the valkyrie causing them to appear like a ghost or spirit. Parallel to this the drug targets the amygdala and other regions of the brain responsible for fear. The result make valkyries hard to see and fight with most subjects unable to resist the fear effect.

Valkyries are required to have a minimum of 7 years combat experience. They are normally carrying a sickle and two pistols for ranged engagements but have been known to use smgs. On top of the valkyrie drug all valkyries recieve injections to increase speed and strength permanently. Through the use of a still unknown drug they act as corp medics causing subjects to ignore injuries and pain, fighting at full strength even on the brink of death.
    Valkyries are one of the most dangerous soldiers the corps have to offer second only the angels. They are not to be engaged in hand to hand unless absolutely necessary. If a valkyrie is seen with an angel the valkyrie is to be take out first.

The information freaked her out, but also made her hopeful. These people were just druggies, and all druggies had weaknesses. Even Valkyries...hopefully. She turned onto the road that the store was on. At the end of the road a woman caught her eye. Her face seemed familiar, but Fay couldn't quite place it. She mentally shrugged her shoulders and looked away, not wanting to use her augment just to recall an insignificant face. That and she'd learned long ago never to look anyone in the face for too long or risk getting shot. She continued walking getting closer and closer to the mysterious woman till she was only a few yards away from her and the shop.
    The woman turned, recognition flashing in her eyes as they fell on Fay. Her hand went to the inside of her jacket as her form began to change.
    "You" She said. As Fay watched her face became ghostly white and transparent. It flickered between human and ghost as she drew a large blade. In the back of her brain Fay could feel and overwhelming sense of dread, every ounce of her screaming run. The woman made to grab her.
    "S***!" Fay screeched, jumping backwards. She immediately sprinted into the nearby shop, bowling over someone in her haste to get inside. Her augment flashed, turning her eye silver as she looked around the electronics store for a weapon.
    The woman followed her into the shop, kicking the the door and brandishing her sickle.
    "You have no idea how much trouble you've caused. I can't let you live." She said. Her ghostly form moved its arm drawing back to strike. As it moved her physical body kicked forward sending Fay backwards.
    "You're just a child. I won't even break a sweat killing you."
    Fay grunted as she flew backwards, landing hard on her back. Damn! I bet that bruised some ribs. She crawled behind some shelves and sent out a distress signal to the gang before looking around for anything she could use. Her augment located the computer and she leapt over the counter, hacking into its system in a manner of seconds. Where are the security measures in this building!? She thought desperately.
    "Really?" The woman said, sickle sweeping through the computer. She back handed Fay throwing her into the back wall. Her ghostly face laughed, "You're not even sport. How did you cause us so much issue?"
    Fay's head throbbed from cracking into the wall. She blinked the spots out of her eyes as she sped read through the safety measures, she'd downloaded onto her augment, that the store owner had installed. One looked promising but possibly deadly. I called the gang 1 minute ago. It takes approximately 3.5 minutes for the bare minimum amount of people needed to assemble. By car, this shop is approximately 2 minutes away meaning they'll be here in about 5 minutes give or take.
    The entire thought process took a matter of 10 seconds with her augment. She looked up at the Valkeryie. I don't have five minutes.
    Fay rolled underneath the Valkyrie's blade as she swung it at her yet again and popped up to her feet in front of work bench. Despite the pounding in her head, and the adrenaline, she managed to concentrate enough to rummaged through the drawers for a melding torch. She found one just as the Valkyrie grabbed the work bench and threw it out the window. Now, there was nothing between Fay and the sharp sickle about to slice through her.
    She locked the handle to the torch and threw into a pile of papers in the corner of the room.
    The valkyrie brought her sickle down slicing into Fay's stomach as she moved away. She didn't pay any attention to the papers, ignoring the distraction.
    "Anti-Fire Measures activated." The robotic voice reported as thick walls fell from the ceiling all around them, locking them inside the shop. While the system did it's work, Fay sent a quick message to Jacob and Marcus, giving them the code that would deactivate the Anti-Fire Measures and let them in. "Room venting." A hiss began to sound as the oxygen began being sucked from the room. The valkyrie grabbed at her throat as she struggled to breathe. Fay lay on the floor already out of breath. Her vision blurred blinking in and out of blackness.
    Through the haze she could hear noise. Gunshot followed by a scream and footsteps. Then someone picking her up. As the person carried her Fay caught her breath. By the time she was fully conscious they were a good distance from the shop. Her rescuer put her on the ground before inspecting her stomach.
    "It's nasty but you'll be fine." The voice was female, "Now would you like to explain why a valkyrie is trying to kill you?"
    Be fine? It felt like her entire abdomen was on fire. Add to that the ensuing headache from the extreme use of her augment. "I outsmarted the people she works for. So she's mad." Fay chuckled weakly. "Who are you anyway?"
    "You can call me Grandma." She said. Fay felt something enter her arm and her pain receding slightly.
    "That'll get you home but make sure you're patched up properly. I also want you to tell Jacob I'm calling a meeting, he'll know what it means." Before Fay could say anything else the woman was gone.

3. BrandonrockstheAM

The scissors cut through the string holding the mirror to the wall effortlessly, and it fell forward off of the small eye-level shelf that held it and smashed on the man's head, as he wrapped his hands around Hannibal's neck. Suddenly, a large crash and shattering broke the tension that filled the room, just as the man clenched down around Hannibal's neck. The man screamed in pain as glass hit him almost everywhere. Hannibal shielded himself with his arm, and winced as he felt a number of pieces scratch and dig into his skin.

The demon looked at Hannibal straight in the face for the slightest moment, as one would look into the eyes of the one they hated, as blood dripped from everywhere on his head. It took only a second for Hannibal to jam the scissors as far up into the man's leg as he could, then dropped them and ran out of the bathroom.

The man would be limping now, as far as Hannibal could guess, as he leaped down the stairs, turning towards the door that led to the garage. No use getting cornered in the kitchen.

He ran up into the attic, breathing hard, and heard the heavy slightly limping steps of that demon-possessed man. Good thing he didn't know Hannibal was in the attic.

"I've got my gun back, kid. If you don't show your face, I'm going to kill your little sister. You've got 20 seconds."

Hannibal tiptoed to that special spot his dad had warned him about. He had told him that it was highly unstable and could come out and actually destroy most of the attic. He had been too lazy too fix it. However, it worked for Hannibal. He leaped off of the box of Christmas decorations he stood on, and landed straight on the few boxes scattered around that everyone was too scared to move.

The ceiling came down, and Hannibal with it, onto the unsuspecting man.

4. BrandonrockstheAM

Hannibal coughed as all the dust settled. He looked up, most of the attic still remained. A relatively small section had crashed down along with one of the unstable supporting beams. His relieved breathing hitched when he heard a cough from a couple meters away. Crawling, he found the man's gun, and held it in his hand, standing up.

Was it really right to kill him? He was a human being, and he had been sympathetic towards him. This was just a job he didn't much like. However... he had meant to kill Hannibal's own family. All for wanting to make the world a better place. Did people like him exist in the world Hannibal meant to help make?

No. He wanted idealists; he wanted people who would think about others rather than just themselves. It would be a world without corruption; everyone works for the greater good.

Maybe this man even had a family. How would they be affected if he suddenly died? If he had children or a wife, they would starve. Assuming that this was the only income the man's family had.

"You're not going to kill me." The man coughed again. The blood was streaming down his forehead from a massive gash. "I have a family. I teach. Did you know that they've all been held hostage? They want me to do their dirty work for them in order to frame me."

Hannibal looked at him.

The man coughed again, rising. "Those kids have so much ahead of them. You're going to let me do my job and get them all home safely. You aren't worth more than them."

He stopped in his tracks, lowering the gun. No... he wasn't. The plan though... Well, it would go off okay without him. Hannibal couldn't just kill this man with the knowledge that his family and his students would be killed. Hopefully one of them would be someone smart who would help the cause along. He couldn't kill him. Hannibal threw the gun off to the side, and lay down. The man said nothing as he tried to clamber over everything in the severely injured state he was in.

He heard the door opening, and Dora asked if everything was safe now. Hannibal almost gasped in horrific realization. She was next on his list. The man was already pressing down on him, his hands shifting to his neck.

"DORA! SHOOT HIM!" The man pressed more and more onto his neck, and he scrambled for breath. "Shoo... sh..."

Then the shot came, and the man above him staggered, then fell. Hannibal breathed in and out several times, then got out from under him. Dora stood at the stairs, crying, the gun still in her hands. He stood up weakly, and walked towards her, and swept her up in a hug.

5. Love to Write

Fay lay in the G-brother's version of an infirmary. A small room, with a few beds and a few druggies who used to be doctors. She hated it in here, but at the moment, was too tired to try and leave. Brownie was on her left, refusing to leave her side since she'd limped back into the base. On her other side were Jacob and Marcus, both in the midst of digesting what she'd told them about what happened. Including the strange woman known as "Grandma."
    "A meeting huh." Jacob said, "No one's called one of those for a while. I'll send someone to find out a time, you just rest for now."

"Rest? With Valkyries out there...hunting me?" Fay scoffed as she relaxed into the pillow. "Yeah, right."
    "Don't worry, Fay. I'll protect you!" Brownie said determinedly.
    Fay chuckled lightly. "Thanks, man."
    ------

Jacob popped in and out over the next few days. On the third he returned with news.
    "We're meeting in a cafe towards the police station tomorrow. Seeing as you're kind of wrapped up in this now I'd like you to accompany me. Unless you don't feel up to it."

Fay sat on the edge of the bed tying her shoes when Jacob came in. Her bruised body had pretty much healed, though the cut from the Valkyrie's blade would likely leave a scar. "In front of the police station? That's pretty bold. Arn't you afraid of getting arrested?"

"It's not infront of it just near." Jacob said, "Are you well enough?"

"Heck yea. I'm going to go crazy if I stay in here any longer." Fay replied getting to her feet.

----

It was early afternoon of the next day. Fay was up and about, not fully recovered but mobile. After checking guns were loaded and blades were hidden, they jumped into Jacob's car and headed off. The meeting place was a small cafe, which sat nearer to the police station than Jacob liked. Every time they met there he made a mental note to suggest somewhere else. Now again he made a mental note, adding to the pile inside his mind. The other gang leaders stood outside as they pulled up.

"Fay this is Jupiter, Io and Europa. Leaders of the 3Bs." Jacob said motioning to two men and a woman. He moved, motioning to a pale woman in a dress, "This is Snowy. And I believe you've already met Grandma." He said as a hooded woman stepped forwards.

Fay nodded her head. "I never did thank you for saving my life. So, thanks."

Grandma nodded to her then said, "Hello Jacob. It's been a while. Lets get stated shall we." She headed inside, leading them to the back of the cafe where a table had been prepared with food and drinks.

"Now I'm not going to beat around the bush, I think we all know why we're here."

"The valkyrie." Jacob said.

"It's a bit more than that." Grandma said, "I know Wilhems back so don't play coy, you know something's up too."

"Corps in town." Muttered Jupiter. He was the largest of the three and didn't look like a man of many words.

"Really? I know the valkyrie's about but what else have they brought" Jacob said.

"Trucks pulled in a few days ago. They moved people out and weapons in. This isn't a small scale operation, we're looking at a full on attack."

"And you have a plan do you?" Io said.

"I want to call a truce to take out the corp. They might be able to take one of our gangs but all four of us? They don't stand a chance. We worked together once we can do it again."

There was grumbling round the table as everyone considered the idea. Jacob sat in thought. It wasn't the worst idea, if they could stop attacking each other for five minutes they could probably get a lot done. The hard part was cooperating. Not to mention this wouldn't be gang violence. Grandma was suggesting full on war. Then again the corp would more than happily kill them if they didn't do something.

"I'm in." Jacob said, "If we don't hit first the Corp will keep bringing men in."

"I'm in too. Can't let you have all the fun." Snowy said giving Jacob a wink. Heads turned to the 3Bs waiting for their answer.

"We don't have much choice so sure." Io said.

"Excellent. Now we need a plan" Grandma said.

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Talon didn't know if she'd ever run this fast. She was practically flying. Roof-tops passed beneath her feet in a blur as she moved, the rhythmic sproing sound of her heels combining with the clank of her claws digging into cement to pull her over the lip of a higher building.

The air was clearer up here, but she could still taste garbage, blood, and smoke, along with a myriad of other unpleasant things. But right now she shouldn't be focusing on any of those things, shouldn't glance in the windows of every skylight she passed just to see her reflection. She couldn't believe that he'd fixed her. Her left arm hurt, as well as every part of her body that had been repaired -that's what you got for leaving bed a week early- but despite it all she felt better than she had in years.

Is this... gratitude I'm feeling? Her lip curled. No. I will never feel grateful to anyone. He just made me harder to kill now. Her claws clanked again and she sailed over the lip of the roof to another building. Someone gasped in alarm below, but then she was gone. She was moving too fast to be identified anyway -and any gang members would take not that if she was in their turf, she was too focused on her destination to bother attacking anyway.

That, and she was headed straight for the police station.

When she came within two blocks, she dropped to the ground and slipped her claws into her jacket. At least she'd been smart enough to get a new change of clothes to avoid notice. Without her mask and claws, she was just about unrecognizable from what she had been before. Now, deep blue jeans hugged her legs, and a deep red hoodie cloaked her face in shadow. She looked like an ordinary girl in a dangerous part of the town, normal.

She was passing by a cafe when something caught the corner of her eye. Purple. She'd seen that color.

She paused, leaning back against the wall and glancing in the window as if she were interested in the menu -looking in the corner of the room again. Yes. That was the girl from before, as well as-

Talon sucked in a breath. The leaders. All of them were gathered here. But why?

She was about to head inside when something heavy slammed into her. Arms pinned to her sides, she heard a laugh, and then Jag's voice bellowed in her ear. "Hey! I haven't seen you in ages!" But his grip tightened and she realized he was disguising his attack by looking as if he was hugging her.

"Let me go." she spat, wriggling away, but he herded her to the door and forced her to back up. The smile was all over his face, but his eyes were all wrong.

Guards. Of course. Talon could see them walking around in the street now -a mix of the gangs tensely watching each other. Now that Jag had caught Talon, they were glaring in her direction, hands on their weapons.

"Come one inside! We need to catch up!" Jag said cheerfully as a civilian passed by, then none too gently shoved her inside the cafe. Talon switched into "happy long-lost friend" mode, and gave him a grin full of teeth.

"I haven't seen you in forever man, how have you been doing? Lucky I passed by here or we may never have seen each other!" she laughed.

7. Fan7asticMrFox

Fan7asticMrFox Contributor Contributor

"Sit down." Mathers said. He pulled a document out from a draw and placed it on the table.

"A few hours ago after deciding the attack a few days ago constituted cyber terrorism the prime minister sanctioned something called project ark."

Mathers flipped a page over, it detailed the blueprints for what looked like large columns that could be moved. What is this? Whatever it was, James didn’t like the look of it.

"I know what you're thinking and yes, that is a wall. Tomorrow morning you and Phil will assist corperation soldiers in occupying the gangs time while these are airdropped in. Once all the pillars are in place you'll evacuate. If all goes to plan we won't get much more trouble from the gangs."

“Why not the others Mathers? Why us?” James asked intently.

“Look, we have a serious gang problem and I want you two to head up the operation.” Mathers grimaced darkly. “Don’t you want us to win this war Harmon? Are you against us?”

There was a long pause, the pair staring each other down.

“Fine.” James said eventually. “We will do it non-uniformed. The police can’t look like they are involved.”

“Fine… fine, now get out of my office and get it done.”

James and Phil left in the station in a whirl of confusion, jumping back into their squad car and sitting their blankly for a while. This just didn’t add up. Mathers would never consider James for a coffee run, let alone a full blown operation. It had been the most the Captain had said to James without the whole thing turning into a screaming match.

“That was… strange.” Phil broke the silence.

“Yep.” James replied.

“Definitely.”

“Do you think Mathers can be trusted?” Phil asked.

“No.” James took a deep breath. “I think he’s setting us up. He wants the pillars in place – but he wants us out of the picture too.” He started the car and swiftly reversed out of the car park. “I can do this alone you know Phil, in case things get too-“

“No. I’m with you sir.”

“Good. When we do this tomorrow, make sure you have eyes in the back of your head. The enemy will be the gangs… and the corporation.” With that they shot off down the road, speeding away to enjoy the calm before the storm.

8. Love to Write

Jacob and Wilhem sat on the roof top as Fay stepped out wondering why she had been called here. Jacob gave her a nod as Wilhem turned round to address them both.
    "I thought I'd call you up here to tell you one last thing before tomorrow so whatever happens you know."

"Know what exactly." Jacob said taking a puff of his roll up. Wilhem pulled a folder out of his jacket and passed it to Jacob.

"When you hit that lab you did it more effectively than I could every have asked." Wilhem said. "Too effectively."

He paused for a moment looking like he was searching for the words.

"You scrambled every lab, all over the globe and while that was brilliant it had an unexpected consequence. You see all the Merlin labs are identical, it allows them to simultaneously research things. It also means that when you scrambled them all the labs let out an unstable drug, an airborn pathogen if you will."

Wilhem checked his watch.

"By now anything within 10 miles of the labs will be infected with it and from there it will carry on growing," Wilhem turned motioning to the horizon, "well done, you've nigh-doomed humanity."

Fay blanched, looking like she was about to be sick. "Has anyone...died yet..." She asked fearfully.

"There's a delay so we have some time. It's also only about a 90% fatality rate so some people will survive."

"Only?" She whimpered. "That's thousands of people, Jacob." Fay looked at Wilhem, desperation apparent in her face. "Can we reverse it?"

"Not now and definitely not globally, we don't have those kind of resources. When we're done with this corp business we'll look into it. Until then it's out of our hands." Wilhem said.

Fay collapsed in her seat covering her face with shaking hands. A variety of cuss words could be heard coming from her as well as panicked breaths. "No wonder that Valkyrie wants to kill me." She murmured.

9. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

It was the morning of operation Ark. James was sat in a police helicopter next to Phil and several uniformed corp soldiers. The helicopter flew low over the city, heading towards the other side of woodpecker estate. Hanging from below it was a large metal crate stamped with a large M. They stopped moving and lowered down in the largest space available, dropping the crate before landing beside it. A man with a rough greying beard met them as they disembarked.

"Morning, I'm captain Richards. I'll be coordingating the efforts today." He said shaking their hands and leading them into one of the houses.

"We have an hour til go time so any questions?"

"Just one. How lethal do you intend to be?"

"We have orders to do what's neccessary." Captain Richards smirked.

James sighed. He knew the gangs were bad but this had the marking of genocide.

A way off from James the gangs were gathered. Their leaders stood on cars ahead of their respective members. It was a sight to behold. No one would forget the day the three gangs had united to take back their turf. The scene was reminicent of a movie, a hundred something strong horde, armed to the teeth with guns, knives and drugs. Between the leaders they had alocated weapons best for each users drug. Trolls had hammers and large poles with weights on them, ghosts and wolves had knives and any witches had been given guns.

Wilhelm gave a whistle, silence falling.

"Before we attack we have a few things to outline." He nodded to Grandma, who nodded back before speaking.

"All of you should have a mask," She said holding up her own, "To make it easy to know whos with us all gang members are wearing masks. We've also outlined a basic plan. As the main body moves to the corp selected shooters will take the rooftops and cover. While you have guns once the drugs are on they'll be less useful so everyone pack a hitter. Now we all know how this shit goes so no more speeches, lets move."

Grandma emphasised the last word by raising her spear and stepping off the car. They started marching, Leaders at the front guiding and the two groups of shooters moving off to climb. In front of the 3Bs marched the trio. Dressing to scare had always been their strong point and they hadn't dissapointed. They wore their animal armour over the top of bullet proof vests. Jupiter stoof in the middle the giant of a man looking like a metalic beast. In his hand was the largest axe they could find, the edge splashed with red. A fan of bloodshed Jupiter's face was beaming beneath his helmet.

James was sat loading his gun when they heard the noise. Footsteps and a thunderous roar comming from the end of the street. He cocked it as lookouts sounded the alarm. At the end of the road a small army was approaching. Richards called his troops into position and held up his arm to wait. The horde stopped several hundred metres away, the figures at the head continueing forwards. Richards did the same with James and Phil in toe. James glanced at Phil who's eyes were fixated on Jupiter. He wondered if he had enough bullets to put him down.

"Look if you just leave now we won't have to fill you all with lead." Richards said. The leaders seemed unphased.

"I could kill you before your men can get me you know." Wilhem said. Richards gave a laugh.

"I'm guessing that's a no to leaving? Mabye I can change your mind." He gave a wave to the men behind him and they wheeled a large container forwards. There was a hiss as gas escaped and the walls fell away. A large robot rose up out of it. Two red target finders settling on Wilhems chest as it came online.
    "Got a latest model Titan, just for you lot."

"You talk too much," Wilhem said. In one movement he had drawn a sword from the end of his cane and run Richards through, "Jupiter go get the Titan." Granma copied suit impaling Phil as James drew his gun. Behind them the gang horde surged forwards. James didn't bother trying to get a shot off, turning and running as the horde neared.

10. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Talon skittered along the rooftops as fast as she could go, heart pulsing in her throat and an inhuman snarl bubbling in her chest. But it wasn't rage at the coppers she was feeling, it was terror.

Damn that cop for saving my ass! She spat, then sprang for the next rooftop, a few feet away from the others. They had yet to activate their drugs and Talon knew that once one of the wolves went active, there went her last chance to save James. Then movement on the corner of her eye made her look up.

"Jag!" she yelled. The lithe man slid into place beside her, his black hoodie painted with white spots over the armor.

His dark eyes gleamed with mischief. "Ye? What'cha need?"

Talon hissed, then pointed at James, running below as he narrowly avoided being cut in half by an axe. "I need you to go wolf and help me get him away from here. Just him. I don't care about him, i just want him alive."

Jag gave her a peircing look. "He made you get debted huh?"

Talon stumbled, but then he caught her and had her on his back, piercing his arm with a needle before surging after James along the rooftops. "I could tell -you didn't have this hard a leg before." he squeezed her calf and Talon dug the tips of her claws in his shoulders in warning. "Okay, okay! I'll get him out of here then we go wild, okay? You owe me." The laugh made Talon cringe, but she nodded against his back and then felt the dizziness that came along with dropping three stories to the ground. They flipped at the last second, Talon's springs taking the force and then she shot them both forward and after James again. Jag snarled at the opposition, playing possessive just as Talon screamed at any who dared get too close.

"This one's ours! Get the Titan!" Jag surged forward again, and Talon's vision blurred. In the next second she was beside the panting James, and she grabbed at him.