1. Brandon J.

Brandon J. Member

Introducing a writer (?)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Brandon J., Jun 3, 2016.

Don't worry: the question mark in the title is just for humor.

Hello all, my name is Brandon and I'm a young writer (17) that's looking to improve his work in any way possible. I write what I write and I want to connect with my readers, but with my inexperience I can't say with all certainty how effectively I can do this. This'll be one of many things I look to improve upon with the help from this forum. I'm currently dedicated to writing a bildungsroman YA novel and have a contemporary fiction novel and memoir on deck (this one will be very important to me) for when I finally finish the YA first draft.

I look forward to being an active member of this forum and hope to meet a great deal of new people and hope to get as much advice as possible

2. Romana

Romana Member

Howdy! I hope this forum can help us all become better writers!

Brandon J. likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Hit those keys, and give me 500 words...What not good enough? Give me 1k on the double! :superlaugh:

Hello and welcome, I am sure you will find plenty of helpful people around here. (But if you find the Grail, No Touchy):superlaugh:

And now a glimpes into the past, present, and future of a writer :supergrin::
    bang-head-on-keyboard.gif~c200.gif

Have fun, good luck, and if at any point you get scared here is something to protect you:
    TakeThis.jpg A +5 fur ball of fury (Requires a role of 9 or higher on 20 sided die to be effective):supergrin:

4. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Well, you've certainly got some impressive grammar and proofing skills and you handle the language well. ;)

5. Brandon J.

Brandon J. Member

Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

6. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Nope, not a bit.

For a bunch of writers who (theoretically) care about the written word, some of the posts on here are atrocious.

And your command of the language is far better than mine was at 17.

7. Brandon J.

Brandon J. Member

In that case, I appreciate the compliment.

8. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Brandon! Welcome to WF. :)

Sounds like you'll fit right in. There are several younger members here as well. :) Sounds like you're keeping busy as well. I also tend to have several things underway at the same time... But I try to focus only one one and dabble with other manuscripts only when it doesn't hinder the progress of the main WIP too much!

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

Brandon J. likes this.
  9. Brandon J.

Brandon J. Member

Thanks Kat. I'm heading into the final stretch of my exams so I apologize for the delayed response. With my main WIP, I'm nearing 15,000 words and I know how it'll end, but I haven't entirely figured out the in between just yet. I'll try for between 700-1,000 words a day when summer break starts (Friday!). I don't tend to wander off on my main WIP as all my manuscripts I'm currently devising all have to do with young adults. Won't spoil much, but my main WIP features a bildungsroman while dying type story, kind of like The Fault in Our Stars (which I'm reading at the moment). Other projects include a juvenile hall story and one about an autistic football player.

KaTrian likes this.