1. shellawickley

shellawickley New Member

Introducing Myself

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shellawickley, Feb 16, 2017.

This has never been a strong suit of mine. The initial introduction. Whether it's for myself or with one of my characters to another. I've been writing creative fiction since I was in middle school, but it took until I was a grown lass of 26 to start taking it a bit more seriously.

Never officially published. (I've written dozens of fan fictions for a select audience)

Never been paid for my work. (though I've written some suggested works before)

My first order of business is to learn to write an original novel. I'm currently 20k words into an erotic romance, and it's not that I'm stuck, it's more that I want to get some feedback to make sure I'm on the right track for something the audience would be interested in reading. Did I hook them? Is it fun enough to keep their attention? Do they even care what my MC is going through yet? Should I get a puppy instead?

So I'm in the market to get some tips, advice, and possibly an alpha reader? (Pssst, hit me up, homies. I promise you a good time *wink wonk*)

Okay, so a little bit about me otherwise, I've been married to a wonderful man for a little over a year (we've been together for five however), have two fur babies, and we currently live with our best friends until we can save up for our own home and family. I waitress at a small mom 'n' pop restaurant, and my husband does lawn care for our local school system. We make it work.

I love, live and breathe erotic romance, but I am always up for comic fantasy/sci fi (love Piers Anthony and Christopher Stasheff) and the classics. I've read the majority of the Great Cases of Sherlock Holmes, all of Dracula (I looove vampire stories!) and I believe I've read every single World of Warcraft novel in existence. Romantic Comedy is also a plus for me as well. (Looking at you Susan Donovan and Carly Phillips)

I write erotica so FYI: I have a dirty mouth, and I'm open for discussion of the adult nature.

If you'd like to know more, feel free to start a discussion with me! Thanks!!!

-Shay

Simpson17866 likes this.
  2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site!
    Maybe the second introduction will go better?

Same here: 23 going on 24, and I've only known for about a year or two that I'm A Writer with a math hobby instead of A Mathematician with a writing hobby.

Novel-length Doctor Who fanfic here ;)

... with only a little over 1100 views in the past year and a quarter since I posted the first chapter. Oh well.

I have 3 short stories that I'm sending to publishers. I just got my 7th rejection and am looking forward to my 1st acceptance.

And I'm an asexual/aromantic virgin.

That certainly sounds helpful :bigmeh:

Nice :)

I only write SciFi/Fantasy/Horror, but also I love reading crime thrillers: favorite classics are Conan Doyle, favorite contemporary are Thomas Harris, Tess Gerritsen, and Karin Slaughter.

What was your favorite Sherlock Holmes story?

3. Whale Song

Whale Song New Member

Howdy. Pleasure to meet you.