1. LucyHannah

LucyHannah New Member

introduction from a newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by LucyHannah, Mar 21, 2021.

Hey everyone. Wannabe screenwriter here. I'm a 25 yr old film school dropout (it was dull and the teachers were misogynists who made us watch Breaking Bad) but I refused to let it lose my determination to learn the craft. I've spent the last year drafting a pilot, buying coverage, developing a thick skin, and pacing my floor at 4am trying to work through plot holes.
    Right now the post-writing euphoria has kind of worn off and left me feeling kinda 'what-now'? After emptying my bank account sending it off to competitions and trying to come up with a new ideas, I thought I'd sign up here to be among like-minded people in the meantime.
    Also sorry if you like Breaking Bad. We can still be friends.

2. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Welcome to WFO. There is a 'Scripts' section of the Workshop. I'm a little surprised by your 'misogynists' comment - seems like there are a lot of films being written/directed by women recently. I've only seen a couple of episodes of Breaking Bad and never understood its popularity. The Walking Dead, now ...

3. SlayerC79

SlayerC79 Banned

Hello and welcome.

The teachers were misogynists? Well, replace "were" with "is" and replace "teachers" with "the World" and "misogynistists" with "misogynistic"... you can keep the "the".

And for record, anyone that likes Breaking Bad cannot be friends with me.