Tags:
  1. GaMeFreakJ

GaMeFreakJ Active Member

Introduction: GaMeFreakJ

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GaMeFreakJ, Jun 8, 2019.

Uhm... Hello.

My name is Derk. Well, that is the name my parents and friends call me.
    The gaming name I use everywhere else is for being a bit anonymouse.
    I thought about it and wanted to keep it that way, but for the ones that did read this post,
    Hello to my real name :)

Info:
    I am currently 21 years old and still live with my family. (In the Netherlands)
    I am studying Mechatronics in the Netherlands at hbo level as they call it here.
    (higher professional education, says google translate.) ... Well, with that I will be an engineer in Electronics.

Pets:
    So, we have one dog and one cat.
    uhm, what else?

Hobbies:
    I love reading, school, writing, physical sports such as running and canoeing.
    And I love to learn everything in the technology sector.

This forum:
    The reason I am at the site is for having fellow writers and senpai's ( :) ) for a little chat.
    I love to do some research and read a bit of post here as well as gathering some ideas.
    Oh, and I want to improve my English cause of studying abroad in a few years.

Genre:
    I mostly write about: Fiction and Fantasy.
    The subgenre's I write about is mostly transported-to-another-world.

Why do I write about this?
    transported-to-another-world
    Since being a kid I dreamed of being in a strange world with its own system.
    The stories and situations fascinate me and bring me lots of ideas.
    The stories about a person that calls for help and need you in their world is just soo cool!

Fantasy/ Fiction
    It's very easy to write about stories you made up so that makes it more fun.
    I got a lot of different ideas I want to write about in the future so yeah...

Hope this sums up the expectations of an introduction,
    feel free to comment, subscribe and thumbs up xD

Greets!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    marshipan likes this.
  2. LoaDyron

LoaDyron Contributor Contributor

Heya:superhello:

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for. If you have something written, post it here and I'm sure people will help you.

GaMeFreakJ likes this.
  3. GaMeFreakJ

GaMeFreakJ Active Member

I am currently writing all of it in the writing journey's where all the stories are told and all the progress happens.
    Is it possible to write some ideas or stories in my introduction? Doesn't look like the place to go too in my eyes.

But thanks for the comment!

4. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Wow. That's a great introduction, and gives us lots of good information about you. Welcome to the forum, Derk.

I'm one of the moderators here, so I'll give you a few links to things that might help you get started.

First of all, definitely check out this link, if you haven't already. Especially if you want to post some of your work. (No, you can't do that in your introduction. Posting stories, etc, can only be done in our Workshop areas. :) ) There are requirements you must meet before you can post in the Workshop.

New Member Quick Start

For example, you must be a member here for two full weeks and make at least 20 posts on various threads around the forum. (This is so we can get to know you better.) Just as important, for every piece of your own work that you post in the Workshop, you must do two full critiques first. This ratio remains even after you have become a full member. Always 1:2. If you aren't sure about what a critique should contain, this link might be of help:

https://www.writingforums.org/threads/constructive-critiques.20627/

If you would like to get to know more about us moderators (althought there are a couple who have yet to write their bios) check out this link here:

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/staff.68/

And if you want to become familiar with how the forum is run, please do check: Forum Rules

I love the fact that you've been thinking of stories since you were a little kid. I did the same when I was a child, and even used to tell stories to my younger sister as I made them up. When I finally tried actually writing—once I got a word processor back in the early 90s and was able to correct mistakes easily—I found it was such a joy to finally get my stories written, not just thought-up. I hope you have the same experience. Nothing like it, really. And don't worry ...work, school, and your other hobbies won't get in the way. In fact, if you set regular time aside to do writing—whatever kind of schedule you would like to keep—you will really look forward to doing it. So keep thinking up your stories, and start getting them written down. There is no satisfaction quite like 'having written.'

Look forward to getting to know you, and seeing you around the forum. If you have any questions or problems, you can certainly message me, by clicking my avatar and then 'start a conversation.' I'll be happy to help you get settled.

Cheers, Jan

5. Lone Wanderer

Lone Wanderer Member

Hello Derk! Welcome to the forum!

As a fellow fantasy writer I hope to see your work in the workshop soon :)

6. GaMeFreakJ

GaMeFreakJ Active Member

Heyy, yeah I was already going through some of your work actually.
    I'm still thinking of putting my work in the workshop cause for one it's not English: ,/
    And my English is by far not good enough to make a story with it,
    Hell, this text took me longer then it should have even with Grammarly on.
    But still!
    Thanks for the kickstart and hope to progress with writing with you!