1. ruhroe

ruhroe New Member

Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ruhroe, Apr 16, 2016.

Hey guys,

Joined to see where this takes me. I'm looking to improve my writing, since I've only ever tried writing a story once. Looking to develop the skills to write this book I have been planning out for a while, hoping to expand it into a series.

In the meantime, I think practicing and playing around with short stories is what I will do. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve my writing, feel free to help a brother out! My current objective, and major weakness, is "Show, Don't Tell." Seems I'm very bad at it, but I'm sure that with practice, through my short stories, I can change that. :)

Anyway, glad to be a part of the forum. Will see you around!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

You don't need to always apply "show, don't tell". Sometimes telling is better. Never take any advice absolutely, ESPECIALLY not writing advice.
    Oh, and welcome! Welcome to the madhouse. :D
    Hope to see you around so we can learn and have fun together. See you!

ruhroe likes this.
  3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome!

Oh, you're gonna find so many Show Vs. Tell threads around here. :D It's a question many of us struggle with, when to show, when to tell, and which is better. :p

Also, here's our New Member Quick Start to get you officially started. See you around!

-Kat

ruhroe and Oscar Leigh like this.