1. JuliaBrune

JuliaBrune Member

Julia Incoming

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JuliaBrune, Sep 13, 2020.

Hi ! I'm Julia, and I write both in my native french and in English. I'm a 20-something French trans girl who likes reading fantasy, sf, fluff and cute romance. I like writing horrifyingly disturbed shit, but I'm trying to expend my register.

I have two WIP in english at the moment :
    The Anabiography is a collection of flash fiction and loosely related to each other. Thematically it's about death and rebirth, figuring out gender stuff, dealing with depression. It's currently on pause because I feel like I can't find the ending until I'm further along my social transition.
    Some of the shorts that didn't make it were reworked to extremely short forms and I put them on twitter with the constraint of hitting exactly the character limit (including the hashtag #microfiction so 267 characters).

The other WIP is my fall project, a YA fantasy story about a trans girl growing up and doing cool magic stuff. I don't really know how to keep it from devolving into a way more mature work, hence why I'm here !

Aside from that, I hope to get better at writing in English by participating to writing games, answering prompts, stuff like that.

Kyle Phoenix likes this.
  2. Flamenco1

Flamenco1 Member

Welcome Julia..

Now there's a genre I hadn't considered ;)

Haven't been here long myself but as forums go they seem quite a friendly bunch.

I'd be interested in how you handle a trans character. Hopefully when you get the required number of posts and critiques I might get to see some of your ideas.

Enjoy

JuliaBrune likes this.
  3. JuliaBrune

JuliaBrune Member

I want to focus on queer people finding each other and giving each other tips and making communities together, I have a decent outline but it's still a bit disconnected... The ending and opening are almost finished so maybe I'll post them on here ^^

It's mostly body horror and existential horror, with a bit of sexy thrown in so that the reader is both aroused and disgusted. It's *extremely* fun to write. This is a very mild example [CW it's mild but not *that* mild, body horror]

Flamenco1 likes this.
  4. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

Welcome to the Forums Julia. I hope the time you spend here will be very enjoyable and productive. :)

JuliaBrune likes this.
  5. JuliaBrune

JuliaBrune Member

Thank you !

I hope so !

I comes and goes in bursts but I'm trying :|

Kyle Phoenix likes this.