1. BK Bell

BK Bell New Member

Introductions

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BK Bell, Dec 8, 2019.

Hello all! I stumbled upon this site looking for an answer to a question I had about writing and was amazed at what a cool community I had found. My name is Brooke and I'm currently a full time marketing student and run a pet sitting business. I've been writing since I was a kid but never finished anything other than short stories until this year. I finished my first draft of my first science fiction novel back in July, and am currently revising it (and rewriting it...and editing it...and destroying it...and putting it back together lol). I write mainly science fiction but love anything under the umbrella of "this doesn't really exist". I've read that's called speculative fiction but I'm still not entirely sure what that means, maybe I can learn here! I'm excited to look around the forums and meet new people with similar passions!

Thank you for reading!

OmniTense, Tralala and Some Guy like this.
  2. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Welcome! :)

Yay sci-fy!

BK Bell likes this.
  3. Tralala

Tralala Active Member

It's nice to meet you :)

BK Bell likes this.
  4. BK Bell

BK Bell New Member

Nice to meet you too!

5. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Hi there, BK!

I’m one of the forum moderators and I want to welcome you to the forum.

Unfortunately, it’s that ‘time of the year’ and I’m falling badly behind on my forum duties, including writing personal welcomes to all the new members, which is what I normally like to do. So please forgive me if this ‘welcome’ is general, not personal. Consider it a Christmas form letter from a Forum mod!

Just to keep you on track or get you on track if you’re just starting out here …please take the time to read these two links. They help to get you oriented, and also give you a notion of how we operate here.

New Member Quick Start

Forum Rules

If you want a quick way to explore the forum offerings, here is a great link below, and I use it often myself. It’s not a series of Frequently Asked Questions, but is, rather, a site map with links.

https://www.writingforums.org/faq/

If you have any problems getting settled, don’t hesitate to ‘start a conversation’ with me, and I’ll do my best to help. (Just click on my owl avatar and follow the signs.)

Anyway, take your time, settle in, participate in any threads that draw your interest. Giving critiques in the Workshop section is much appreciated by our members, and is also a requirement if you want to post your own work for feedback. So might as well get a head start there.

Our contests are also open to new members, both for entry and for voting. So you might want to check these out as well.

Anyway, hope you enjoy yourself, and I’ll see you around the threads. Probably AFTER Christmas!

Cheers, Jan

BK Bell likes this.
  6. BK Bell

BK Bell New Member

Thank you Jan!! Totally understand the hustle of the Holidays haha, I appreciate the welcome and hope your holidays go well!

jannert likes this.
  7. Hammer

Hammer Moderator Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi @BK Bell, and welcome from me.

This is a great community - good balance between banter and serious writing chat.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

I was clicking back through threads and caught your mention of "speculative fiction". That might be what mine is. PM me if you want to talk shop. :)