1. Fanficlover

Fanficlover New Member

Having to write too much story is bad?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Fanficlover, Nov 17, 2010.

Is it bad to write too much story? I am writing story for hobby mainly, but I do want to become a story writer in my own way. I do write fanfic story, and thinking about writing my own story about the creation of the universe, and other ideas if I think of any. Is okay to write more than one story at a time?

2. popsicledeath

popsicledeath Banned

Yes.

3. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

I"ve got 4 going on at the same time. Whatever floats your boat.

4. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Technically I have like half a dozen short stories in the works and a two novel length ones aswell. Though most of them I haven't touched in ages. :(

But yeah write a hundred different stories at once if you want. Though its probably best to stick to 1 or 2 at a time.

5. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Like Mallory said, it is mostly a personal question. I am working on 2 novels and on the side research for a sequel for one of the novels. The sky's the limit, really. :)

6. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

It depends I think it is bad if you never get anything finished. I found earlier this year I had so many stories that I needed to decide where mine where going. I do have a novel needing a final edit, one requiring a rewrite (first draft mostly complete), another is a third of way through because I took a break for NaNo and my NaNo is more than third of the way through now. After that I want to work on getting all of them completed with synopsis and cover letter. Then I'll write another one. I know it is personal everyone works differently and has different reasons for writing.

7. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

I am writing four at the same time as well. As long as you can keep up with your manuscripts, there is no problem.

8. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's ok as long as you can finish them... if all you do is start and don't have any completed works, then you should stop starting any new ones till you get some of the old ones finished...

9. Hartnell

Hartnell New Member

I'd say do whatever you find helpful and enjoyable as a writer. I have one project I am working on at the moment for Nanowrimo but I also have a blog story which I am updating every so often.

I guess as long as you are finishing your stories and as long as you feel enjoyment and feel like your writing is going somewhere, go for it.