Question [Solved] Is peer proofreading allowed?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Tomb1302, Dec 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Senior Member

And @big soft moose and @ChickenFreak, That's fine. Any help will do. I just need some eyes to look over my writing to help me improve :)

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

There are two options for seeking critique (or similar) for your writing:
    1. The Writing Workshop -- This is where members can post their stories (or excerpts thereof) for critique, and it is where pretty much all of the critiquing happens. To post in the Workshop you must meet the requirements outlines by previous posters. The 20 posts and 14 days membership requirements can only be bypassed by purchasing Supporter membership. The "post 2 critiques for every 1 story/work you want to post" rule cannot be bypassed by anyone (not even Mods/Admins).
      As you have already figured out, the main reason for these requirements is to try to make sure that people don't join, post, leave, and never return. They also serve the purpose of giving new members time to get to know the community a little.
    2. Collaboration -- This area is for larger-scale work, like reading someone's full manuscript. Requirements to post here are higher: 100 posts and 90 days membership.

I also want to give a clarification regarding this post by @orangefire:
    • Contributors are members that have been members for 365 days, have made at least 500 posts and have received at least 200 likes. These members both get their name in bold, light blue, and they get the "Contributor" badge/tag beneath their name (see e.g. below my name to the left of this post).
    • Supporters are members that have paid for a Supporter membership. These members get their names in bold, dark green, and they also get the "Supporter" badge/tag (again see below my name to the left).

3. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I became a contributor on monday... yayyy!

4. Tomb1302

Tomb1302 Senior Member

@Komposten

Pretty much as I'd imagined. Thank you for giving me a run down. Saturday (2 week mark for me), I'll begin contributing to the Workshop both for myself and for others, and maybe someday become a contributor :)

Komposten likes this.
  5. Jupie

Jupie Senior Member

Well deserved mate :)

Homer Potvin likes this.
  6. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

You don't need to wait until 14 days to give critique, just go to the Workshop and start critiquing! :)
    Also, the "switch" that lets you post your own threads in the Workshop is automatic. I don't know exactly when it is supposed to switch over, but if you can't post on Saturday then give it another day or so and you should be good to go. :agreed:

Tomb1302 likes this.