1. Mike Coville

Mike Coville New Member

Is Rapid Release Still A Thing?

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Mike Coville, Oct 10, 2019.

I've read a lot from authors over the years that have found success with rapid release, publishing a new book every 6 weeks, but wondered if anyone here has done it this year and, if you have, how did it work out for you?

Also, did you support it with Amazon advertising and/or other marketing efforts?

I'm planning to make the next step next year and any input would be appreciated.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

it matters a lot less than it did because the success of rapid release was all about stimulating the amazon algorithm to generate organic sales... since amazon is increasingly a pay to play environment this tactic is less successful than it used to be, and sales are much more about effective advertising/marketing.

My advice would be release whenever a book is ready, its not making you any money sat on your hard drive