1. gittel haft

gittel haft New Member

improvement suggestions for short bio on product insert

Discussion in 'Descriptive Development' started by gittel haft, May 22, 2022.

Any suggestions for better word choices would be greatly appreciated!

Making stuff has been my passion from a very young age. In my crafty mind, the more supplies I had, the richer I was. But ribbon and trim scraps had a special place in my heart. Maybe that's because it puts a nifty touch to many a creations. With much passion and excitement we bring to you this ribbon and trim assortment in hopes that it can add a bit more love to your next craft project.

2. ABeaujolais

ABeaujolais Member

In my crafty mind, the more supplies I have, the richer I am. Ribbon and trim scraps have a special place in my heart! We're excited to bring you this ribbon and trim assortment in hopes it can add a nifty touch to your next craft project.

gittel haft likes this.
  3. gittel haft

gittel haft New Member

thank you very much!

4. gittel haft

gittel haft New Member

What are your thoughts for adding these words "Of all such things, ribbon and trim scraps have a special place in my heart!"

thanks again

5. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

"Such things" implies a reference to something previously discussed or know to the reader. As you have used it -- what does it refer to? I think it's confusing.

6. evild4ve

evild4ve Critique is stranger than fiction Supporter Contributor

This is marketing copy, right? I'd suggest to edit out the subtly apologetic language and re-write it doubling down on the creative concept:- Ribbon and scraps ARE treasure.

But the apologetic bits are:-

Stuff
    In my mind
    But
    Maybe
    In hopes that

To be effective, the copy needs to eliminate suppressed apologies. Currently it's about one per sentence. This usually happens because we don't like selling to people. The best advertising doesn't sell to people: it tells a story

Louanne Learning likes this.