Is this reaction realistic?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Cardboard Tube Knight, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

That makes perfect sense to me. Indulging in pleasure is a way to deal with loss. It doesn't even have to be physical pleasure; it can be the pleasure of being infatuated, or of getting attention from someone.

It can, however, be seen as a dirty or destructive way to handle the loss.

2. Cardboard Tube Knight

Cardboard Tube Knight New Member

It will end up being pretty destructive in the end.

3. Anonym

Anonym New Member

That's what i thought you said, hence the "probably goes without saying" comment. i meant it to be only minimally redundant, my bad.
    sounds koo either way

4. Cardboard Tube Knight

Oh no its not a problem, but yeah I hate when it feels like a random event just drives people together, no complication.

5. Promostarr

Promostarr New Member

yeah that makes sense,

when someone close to you dies the only thing you want is human contact from anyone, even if it is forced. To feel anything other than the pain inside you would be heaven, even if it is having sex with someone you hardly know. So even if these two characters are not too keen on eachother, their misery might bring them together.

I dunno, i always write very morbid things so if it were me id use the misery as an excuse.

6. Cardboard Tube Knight

The two are close friends by the time that this starts, but I think that makes it more sensible, not less.

7. Promostarr

Promostarr New Member

Yeah the friends thing makes it seem alot more realistic.

When confronted with misery, you're always driven towards people who have been with you and know you. Makes for a better connection. You could have some kind of converstation before hand, expressing feelings, and then as a natural response; confort.

8. Cardboard Tube Knight

Well he tries to help her solve the murder and he gets to see the toll its taking on her first hand because at first its just a disappearance from a train station and then later they discover a body. It seems to be if they discuss, it will lessen the impact.