1. Milady

Milady Active Member

It's official... it's now the Inheritance CYCLE.

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Milady, Jan 16, 2008.

http://www.alagaesia.com

For those of you who love the Eragon books, good news! There will be two more books, not just one. Happy reading.

For those of you (and it seems this is the majority, considering a certain other thread on this page) who dislike them, I guess you'll just have to suffer through the hype.

As for me? I'm ambivalent. I'll read the next two, just because I like to finish what I start. I'm not promoting or downing the series in any way.

2. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Whyyyyyy DX

(You could say I fall under Category 2.)

3. Robin0999

Robin0999 New Member

*Takes in huge gulp of air*Meh, I'll probably read them both, but if they make a movie sequel I'm moving to Germany, where they have delicious sausages and people at Broadway shows actually know to clap at the right time, not when there is a pause in the music about half a second long when you're watching Broadway(stupid Americans) and id totally screws up the actors and ruins the vibe of the whole song anyway, and they also have yummy French fries and people who talk German.*gasps for air*

4. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Oh dear... Anyone else think that this is simply never going to die?

5. Hulk

Hulk Banned

I knew about the cycle for about a month. Why do humans have to suffer so much?

Oh, category 2 for me.

6. TheFedoraPirate

TheFedoraPirate New Member

If beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy,
    The Inheritence cycle* is proof the Devil wants as miserable as possible.

category 2 all the way.

7. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Eh, when I was younger I really liked the series. Yet, after the movie came out I realized how unoriginal and how much of a rip-off the whole series was. Nothing new is introduced, completely taking ideas from Dragon Riders of Pern, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. Personally, I've grown to dislike this series.

8. Alixander Fey

Alixander Fey New Member

Meh, in my opinion, he did a really good job of explaining magic... but the story was for much younger readers. Not that I don't like it, but so much of it screems STAR WARS.

9. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

If you people are just concerned about how the movie made the books look, then whoa holy mother of God.

The movie, I will admit, was a piece of ****.

The book is great. I like to look at the morals behind books, as well as the journey each character takes. I think both of those things were very interesting for Eragon and Saphira both, and even through Roran and Murtagh. Hell, even the transformation that Brom went through before he died.

And I am STOKED about books three and four! I can't believe it! I'm proud of Christopher. :love:

10. Milady

Milady Active Member

Yeah, Sapphire, I agree. The movie was horrible.

The books are okay. Like I said, I'll read them, mainly because I'm a total fantasy/dragon nerd.

I'm not trying to start some sort of war here or anything... :p... When I first posted, I was presenting information, and people have found it in their hearts to tell me which "group" they are in.

11. Novel Novice

Novel Novice New Member

I'm so jealous of that guy.

Can't even squeeze a decent short story out, and he's writing his third novel while barely setting down his high school diploma.

:(

12. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Eragon was ok. Eldest was ok too, but it kind of dragged on and on until they got to the ending.

The movie was horrible. I hadn't even read the book when I saw it and I knew; "Ok, they have clearly cut out everything that was cool about the book." Turns out they did when I read the book a week later.

13. sakira_starwolf

sakira_starwolf Active Member

Or just Quartet. Hm....well, I guess I gotta finish them now that I started, even though the writing is pretty bland...

14. pegasi_quill

pegasi_quill New Member

Flat. Currently by the window. Staring out, in f
    Oooh, I didn't know that. Well, I'll probably read them both anyway, just to finsih it. Though Eldest gets a tad tedious towards the end.

I fall into category 3. Which means I don't care one way or another, really.