Tags:
  1. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Don't you love new pens when you write with them?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fullmetal Xeno, Jul 21, 2011.

Everytime i get new pens i love the clearness of the pen. The dark ink makes the writing smoothing. I wish the pens were always that way... :(

2. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

Ehh, I just stick to my old pen. It is hard to let go of a pen that has been with me for so long. When it runs out of ink, I just replace the ink.

3. Yoshiko

Yoshiko Contributor Contributor

I don't really think about it. If it's a different brand from the previous one I was using then the shape feels awkward for the first use. I hate throwing out pens and don't do so until it's out of ink. I used to use the pens with changeable cartridges but they always ran dry at the most inconvenient moments.

Plus, I avoid handwriting as much as possible so pens don't excite me much. I write fast and I'm left-handed so I tend to get covered in ink.

4. colorthemap

colorthemap New Member

I don't write I type.

But I guess so.

5. spklvr

spklvr Contributor Contributor

In my entire 21 years of living, I have never once bought a pen. I end up with them somehow. There's always a pen around. Usually use them at work and put them in my notebooks without thinking. So I have never tried a brand new pen.

6. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Well i use a notebook so in case anything happens to my computer i still have my ideas. But the new pen looks as sleek as a brand new poem.

7. Elvis

Elvis New Member

I buy recycled-content pens -- good for going green, but not known for spectacular performance.

8. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Yes, I do love writing with new pens. I rarely do, or rather, I rarely write with nice pens because I like them too much to use. So I just use cheap ones. Unless I'm writing on really nice paper in which case I'll write with a nice pen because obviously paper of such a high quality deserves quality ink. :p

9. LostInFiction

LostInFiction New Member

I love new pens! New pens and notepads. There's something special about opening a brand new note pad and with a new funky pen starting to write. I also use computers for most of my stuff but I always start on paper to scrawl down ideas. Glad to see its not just me!! :D

10. LostInFiction

LostInFiction New Member

That's brilliant :) I'm like that with notepads. I always like to write with good pens (no pen is too good for me to jot down some notes with) but I save notepads for 'best'.... I know, it's wierd but in reality pretty harmless so I forgive myself. lol.

11. flipflop

flipflop New Member

I write on a laptop but i know what you mean. i love that just out of the box smell that only comes with a new laptop :)

12. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This is not a writing issue, i.e, a writing problem or approach. Moved to the Lounge

13. seelifein69

seelifein69 Active Member

I stick to one beloved pencil and I LOVE LOVE LOVE new notebooks, I don't know why though haha