1. Scot

Scot Senior Member

JotNotes

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Scot, Aug 21, 2016.

Scot submitted a new resource:

JotNotes - Jot+ Notes is a free-form note application.

Read more about this resource...

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I only glanced at it, but it seems to be similar in core idea to Scrivener and an older program I used to use when I was still in Windows World called Liquid Story Binder. I think that latter application has since gone fallow, sadly. In general I am a fan of these types of applications, and everyone knows I am a HUGE fan of Scrivener. Scrivener is, though, unapologetically Macish in form, look, GUI, etc., which I know can be off-putting for people who just aren't fans of Apple. Looks like this application has a more PC-friendly approach. :)

3. Scot

Scot Senior Member

I've just downloaded Scrivener for Win10. It's definitely a much more sophisticated program than JotNotes.

JotNotes has one distinct advantage though. It will run off an usb stick, so you can take your project(s) anywhere.

4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

LSB will run on a USB stick as well, but the developer has had the software on an indefinite hiatus for quite some time. Still, it is functional.

5. Michael Pless

Michael Pless Senior Member

I once used LSB and in the email list for it a user mentioned that the language LSB was written-in was no longer supported/available or similar. It's a shame because LSB had a lot going for it (the best character-generator I've found so far).

Jot+ Notes (and it seems to have a 30-day trial period) seems to me similar to Page 4, Storybox, FreeWriter, and a few others.