1. JulieThorne

JulieThorne New Member

Fantastic Fantasy Female - Julie Here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JulieThorne, Oct 19, 2017.

Heya folks,

My name is Julie Thorne, I'm 27 years old and I'm trying to broaden my writing network. I've been writing since I was old enough to pick up a pen, and it has always been my favorite thing to do. I've been happily married for four years now, and I have 3 fuzzy little kitties that I adore like my own children. During my spare time I love to play video games - they're like books for me. I particularly enjoy story-rich RPGs.

I'm lucky enough to have writing as my profession too. I do a mixture of Business Writing, Technical Writing, and Content Writing (otherwise known as Copywriting). I know it sounds boring, but my work has taught me so much about the different writing crafts that I honestly feel that it has made me a much stronger writer overall.

My creative writing is almost exclusively High Fantasy based. It comes from years of tabletop and those RPG video games I was talking about. One of my favorite things to do is Worldbuilding. I love creating big, complex worlds with plenty of little details hidden inside. Even if I never get to write them in a story, I just have so much fun thinking about it.

So yeah, that's a bit about me! Feel free to say hi or ask questions, I'm here looking for new writing friends.

Much love!
    ~Julie

2. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

Another fantasy writer, welcome! :) I write mainly high fantasy as well, and I absolutely love world building! I also enjoy playing video games (The Elder Scrolls is one of my favorite series) and other fantasy games, such as D&D and MTG

Anyway, welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll like it here :-D