1. Seeker of the unknown

Seeker of the unknown Member

Just another soul trying its luck in the art of writing

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Seeker of the unknown, Mar 7, 2016.

Hello to all aspiring as well as already accomplished writers! I happen to belong to the former category and here's my story:

I am a student of psychology, currently working on my master's thesis, who has an interest in mind and reality going far beyond the stretches of the dominating models. I delve deep into the matters of spirit and heart, ontology and epistemology, science and religion. Several months ago I decided that I would like to share my thoughts with others, but to do this effectively, I realized I need to master the craft of writing. I do not know if I have a potential to become a professional writer. In order to verify it I started my own blog and now I am here.

As you probably guessed right, I head for non-fiction. I strive to convey my ideas in a manner which is precise and accessible to most. I believe that the most powerful sentences are those which can evoke vivid, almost tangible images. I also find aesthetics an important component of my writing. That's why I look for inspirations in poetry, story-telling, and dramas.

Unfortunately, I am not a native speaker of English, which makes me doubt if I ever manage to achieve a high-class level.

That's all. See you around guys ;).

A.S.Ford likes this.
  2. Fawky

Fawky Member

Welcome to the forums, Seeker! :)

You seem to be an interesting guy with the same interests as I do, I look forward to seeing you around the forums. As for not being a native English speaker, I'm in the same boat so don't let that stop you. If you ever have any grammatical questions we have the Word Mechanics area, and you could even ask people to point it out in texts you eventually post. :)

Look forward to seeing you around!

3. Seeker of the unknown

Seeker of the unknown Member

Thank you Fawky for the words of support and information :). It's great that this forum can offer you so many different opportunities to grow as a writer.