1. writerdude11

writerdude11 New Member

Just made a MAJOR revision and learned alot I didnt know....

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by writerdude11, Apr 18, 2013.

Hey guys, just needed to vent after making major revisions on a story that I had written prior to my education in writing. Ive really learned alot about the importance of Character and plot development and believeability. It was so lacking in this story, but all in all I do think i know alot about it, I just need to practice it more. Grammar is an issue too but I'll work on that. Boy, i thought I had mastered my writing but I was wrong!. As a fellow writer once told me long ago "you have to be ego-less when you're writing". I didnt understand it then but I think I do now. Sorry if this post sounds immature but I just had to share LOL. Thanks for reading to those who did.

2. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Well done! When we look back over past works and can pick out the mistakes and weaknesses, that's progress.

3. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

I feel you. When I first began writing I wrote the first 30k words of my novel in two days. I was so proud of myself. I was like, "Man, this is easy! I'll write a book in no time!"

Then I began to study and learn, and soon found out my 30k words were horrendous for many different reasons. Needless to say, the entire thing got re-written. So don't be too down on yourself. Everyone has to start somewhere.