1. Ian J.

Ian J. Active Member

Keyboards (for writing)

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Ian J., Jun 4, 2013.

I'm looking at getting a new keyboard for my main PC (I'm currently on my laptop) and I've been investigating mechanical key types and wondered about other people's experience of them (if any)?

I'm not asking for recommendations of model or manufacturer (I have an idea of those already) as it could constitute endorsement, but the types I'm looking at have Cherry MX keys, specifically Brown (Blue seem to be too noisy based on what I've read; Black and Red are aimed at gamers, apparently. There are other colours but they're somewhat uncommon apparently).

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i've been using a plug-in 'media' keyboard [shortened by having no calculator section] for my laptops ever since i discovered there was such a thing... it places my right hand right next to my mouse, making it much easier to use... and they're cheap!... my last one cost only twelve bucks...