Kissing

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Tenderiser, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Me too. Every time I visit my in-laws and they serve me wine and champagne (they seem to drink nothing else - it's alcohol or mineral water usually), I toast them and put the glass to my lips without actually drinking at all, and then I simply swap my glass with my husband's once he's done drinking his :supercheeky:

However I do like Bailey's in coffee :coffee:

Tenderiser likes this.
  2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Ooh me too! And I like cocktails, because they taste of nice things instead of alcohol. Long Island Iced Tea, drooooool.

May have the non-POV character taste like a cocktail in the kiss scene... :D

3. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

He's a drunk! Or, she is. Whatever.

Tenderiser likes this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Living in CZ just goes to waste in your case, doesn't it? It's, like, beer country!

In fact, you're probably the only person in the continent who doesn't drink beer, wine, or champagne. :D ;)

Mckk likes this.
  5. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

I get looks every time I don't order beer - especially at the beer gardens lol.

One time though, my very English friend accidentally ordered non-alcoholic beer and was so dismayed he couldn't stop talking about it hahaha. Basically menus here usually show the brand, not the actual thing. So instead of "mineral water", the item might read "Mattoni" or "Bonaqua" and it's accepted that everyone knows exactly what that is. (a little like if you saw the name "Fanta", you wouldn't need an explanation) So my friend saw the brand and didn't know that brand only does non-alcoholic beer and ordered it hehehe :superlaugh:

All this talking of beer reminds me of a different story - culture clash. I wasn't there but I was told the story afterwards. My Nigerian friend who works as a pastor to a church of over 1000 members was here studying in Bible college, yeah, and he went out for a drink with his fellow students, all of whom work as pastors, preachers, theologians etc. Spiritual stuff, all in all. Now in Nigeria, a good Christian does not touch alcohol - not even a drop. Imagine his shock when all these good Christians around him started ordering beer :supergrin:(he was a good sport and realised it was cultural differences, so it was cool)

KaTrian likes this.