1. Maria Somleva

Maria Somleva New Member

Books about children in shelters

Discussion in 'Research' started by Maria Somleva, Apr 5, 2017.

Hello,community ! :) Currently I am planing on writing a book about 2 sisters in a shelter for homeless kids. Before I start writing,though,I want to do some research on the topic,since I know almost nothing about children shelters . However,I couldn't find any books on the topic . So,if any of you guys has information on the topic or book recommendations (fiction or non-fiction . ) , please share ! Thank you ! :)

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

why do you want to write about something you know nothing about ? That's not a recipe for success.

Also books are not the be all when it comes to research - are there any shelters near you who would speak to you (perhaps in return for a donation for their time ?)

also google is your friend - it took me less than 5 seconds to find a list of links like this https://www.childrensshelter.org/