1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Komposten retires from the staff team

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by big soft moose, Dec 15, 2020.

We are sad to announce that after many years sterling service as first a moderator and then our technical admin @Komposten has today stepped down from the staff team for a well earned rest.

I am sure that you will all join us in saying a massive thank you for his hard work and patience without which the forum would literally not have survived. We are going to miss having a decaying pile of vegetable matter in the staff room but wish him well with his writing and new ventures.

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

It doesn't warrant its own announcement (and i would feel stupid announcing myself), but with Komp's departure I am now picking up the admin role, together with our owner Daniel who now has a new user name as @NWOPD

One thing I would stress is that although I have the same sort of access @Wreybies had, I am not becoming 'Operations Manager.' I refer to my role as Admin Moderator and see it as a sort of 'servant leader' thing... I am here to keep things running smoothly, not to be 'in charge.'

3. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

Many thanks to Komposten and best wishes in his 'retirement'.

Will you (moose) be assuming the same technical duties?

Komposten likes this.
  4. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Happy retirement to Komposten, and all hail to the new Dear Leader!

Komposten likes this.
  5. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Enjoy the free time, Komposten, and thanks for your help with awarding contest medals!

Komposten likes this.
  6. big soft moose

No - Komposten is a programmer so he did a lot of codey things to the back end, and had a much greater level of access in order to do them (hence technical admin)

I have broadly the same level of access as Wreybies used to... so I'm limited to operational things like awarding medals, detecting spam, clearing out the spam filter, merging duplicates, changing usernames, deleting or anonymising accounts, making and demaking mods and volunteers, stuff like that. Basically I'm providing an interface with the operational back end for the Mod team, in order to leave Daniel (now NWOPD - same guy, new account) the time to think the big picture thoughts.

NWOPD and Lifeline like this.
  7. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

Do they provide you with the tools, or did you have to bring your own bucket and mop?

Lifeline likes this.
  8. big soft moose

I generally start with a flame thrower then clean up the survivors with a pulse rifle... it gets messy... sometimes we have to resort to the robo loader

9. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Congratulations @Komposten! @jannert, @Wreybies and I will get some snacks, drinks, and professional counseling for you. You'll like it out here.

10. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

@Komposten - You know how much I appreciated everything you did, and how much support you gave me while I was a Mod, bewildered by software. You really are the best. I hope you're enjoying your 'new life' in your new home at your new job. And that maybe now you will find some time to do more writing. :) Stay safe, and stay in touch?

Bone2pick, Komposten and Lifeline like this.
  11. Malum

Malum Offline

@Komposten Thank you.

Komposten and Lifeline like this.
  12. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Best of luck, Komp. Sorry we couldn't work together more.

13. NWOPD

NWOPD Administrator

@Komposten Thank you for being a member of the team these past several years. You were truly integral. I sincerely appreciate you stepping up to fill the administrative role when you did, and I appreciate the level of technical expertise you brought to the table.

I hope you don’t mind if I occasionally reach out for some technical advice! :p

14. Rosacrvx

Rosacrvx Contributor Contributor

Thank you @Komposten ! Always loved your username/avatar.

Komposten likes this.