1. debbiepanell

debbiepanell New Member

Do I have to introduce myself?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by debbiepanell, Sep 18, 2007.

Well, I suppose not, but since i am determinedly not working today, but can't seem to stay off the computer, I will!

I'm Debbie, Full Time writer of just about everything! ;). Mom of 2 monster children, 8 devilish cats and a dog that outweighs me.

I like long walks on the beach, romantic dinners...oh wait, wrong forum! :eek:

well, i do like long walks on the beach....:D

We live in North Carolina and I am beyond ready for this miserable summer to be over!

2. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

hey Debbie, it's nice to see a new member around here. have a look around and make yourself at home. if you need anything, want something reviewing or just want a chat then send a PM my way and i'll be happy to help. :)
    Heather

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to the forums, Debbie. I hope you enjoy the forums, and find our resources helpful. Take a look around, and if you run into any problems, feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Debbie, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

lol well we have had forum romances here once or twice before :D and I think we still do not sure!!

But yes welcome to the forum Debbie it is great to have you onboard. I hope that you check out the weekly contests in the weekly writing group. They can be a lot of fun.

Torana

6. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Hello there

I hope you enjoy your stay with us. Like others have said look around, and feel free to ask questions or answer them.
    By the way, what do you write?
    Cheers

7. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome! Nice way of introducing yourself :) Have fun and feel free to ask a quesiton if you want to...which you undoubtly would, looking at your first impression. Gah, first impression counts, whether a proposal or a writers forum ;) But nothing like it.

8. debbiepanell

debbiepanell New Member

The writing that pays the bills is article writing, web content, resumes, and my column.

the writing I actually LIKE (aside from my column) is fiction. My novel isn't even finished, much less paying bills! lol

With 2 kids and as much work as I have, its hard to find the time to be able to sit down and write for fun!

9. Stinger

Stinger New Member

Welcome to our writing community.
    I suggest revising this.

10. debbiepanell

debbiepanell New Member

you want a cat? ;)

11. Stinger

Stinger New Member

I'm convinced by your answer.

12. debbiepanell

debbiepanell New Member

The kicker is, that I'm allergic to them! lol

technically, all but one belong to my ex, but he can't have them in his apartment, so he pays kitty support!