1. Lucifette

Lucifette Member

Somewhere in the Central Standard Time Zone

Ladies and gentlemen, she has broke free

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Lucifette, Mar 15, 2017.

After 8 years of a terrible writer's block and not being able to spit out more than a few paragraphs, I managed to sit down this evening and knock out a few pages of an idea that has been swirling around in my head for nearly a year. It's very small. I remember in high school knocking out chapters in one day. Going from that to this in 10 years is sad and pathetic but I desperately want to get my groove back. I just sat there and started typing away with thoughts flowing uncontrollably like they used to. I re-read the few pages and my writing has seriously gone down hill. It's terrible. But I suppose that's what editing is for. Something I never did. I was a perfectionist and had to get it all out in one go in chronological order. Now I just randomly picked a scene and went with it. Not sure how far it will go or even if this will be it. But it felt pretty damn good. Thanks for listening.