1. Welwordion

Welwordion New Member

A lost soul says hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Welwordion, Oct 27, 2016.

Hello everyone I am from germany, have a curious personality interested in all kinds of stuff, science, anime/and animations, philosophy and whatever crosses my mind and I am really not cut out to be a writer XD.
    Instead of boring you with all the reasons that make it so hard for me to get something on paper, I will tell you what I can do and with what hope I joined this forum.
    I often imagine scenarios, story concepts, game concepts , magic systems, creatures(fantasy and scifi) , alternative ways a story could end or progress, I thought about how intelligent plants could evolve, I thought up abilities and stats for a Virtual Reality MMorpg setting, I reinterpreted elves, demons and fairies in countless forms and weaved philosophical concepts into numerous creation stories.

However at some point when I am sitting with my static result unsure of how distill a story from it I think:
    "Its kind of lonely and boring just throwing ideas around in my own head, where is the surprise in that? Instead of doing this alone I would really enjoy it if I could just brainstorm with someone else, exchange ideas, maybe try out the interaction of different characters and create something together. Writing as a communication even though or exactly because the differences in opinion, the diffulty to convey ideas and the arduous process of dealing with misunderstandings seems a much more enjoable thing."

So I hope I find some enthusiastic folks willing to engage im communication with me and it would be nice if someone advised me where to start from here. Simply asking in the Collaboration section seems unpromising considering the high decree of autonomy observable in most who posted there.

AnchoredAerial likes this.
  2. AnchoredAerial

AnchoredAerial New Member

I think that is about where I'm at too. The ideas in your mind can only bounce around so much before you have to reach threw and grab something and say, "You! I'm going write about you!" As far as where to start... I'll private message and we'll begin together. Why do something alone when it can be so much better doing it with somebody else. That's why were here, right?

And welcome!

3. Welwordion

Welwordion New Member

Thank you for the friendly greetings, have been brooding on how to start over the last days so thats a great help Anchored.

4. Lady Fickle

Lady Fickle Member

I deeply sympathize with your need for a writing buddy. I love to talk creatively.