1. Baywriter

Baywriter Contributor Contributor

Um... Musicians unite?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Baywriter, Mar 16, 2011.

Well, I quite enjoyed the thread here about our fellow writers that are also artists, so I thought I'd make one for those of us that are also musicians. If anyone has a video of themselves playing an instrument or singing, you should share your gift with the rest of us! I'll be making a video of myself singing and playing my keyboard later on, but for now, I'm posting a video of a string quartet that I composed myself. This was done on Finale, and it's called December Snow. Yes, there is a picture of me posing on a rock at the beginning. Ignore that. Lol. And there is a bit of a pause in the middle. The program did that, and I'm still attempting to fix it. Anyway, here you go!

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j13/kikyophobia/?action=view&current=Movie_0008.flv

2. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

Not a musician yet I suppose, just learning how to strum so far. I play a pretty broken Give a Little Bit and Let it be, so I still have ways to go before I post any videos....but your vid is so wistful, I was taken away in thought. Very nice.

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I'm a guitarist, singer, and songwriter and have been for over 35 years (hence my screen name here), but there's no way I'm going to post a video of me performing. Privacy issues and all that.

4. Matthewz

Matthewz New Member

New here, and been playing guitar for about two years and writing poetry for about 6 months. So I guess if time is an indication of mastery, I should be on a music site posting about my writing hobby...

5. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Contributor Contributor

Nice piece. Wish I had a video of something of mine to post. Maybe if I get something up I will post it here.

6. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I don't have any video of myself playing, but I play the viola and sing when the mood descends. I play a little piano, too, but nothing to brag about...

Baywriter, that song is beautiful!

7. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

Take it to the streets, H, shred that viola for pennies a day, haha

8. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

In high school, my friends and I used to talk about doing that. We were going to go to Italy. It would have been good.

9. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

Nice composition, baywriter. That was very good.

I've been singing for a while, but I only recently began playing the guitar. (About a year and a half) I also play sax.
    I've got tons of videos of me playing guitar and singing on my youtube channel. Most of them I've linked here via my blog. I think I've got 3-4 originals on there and then a bunch of covers of my favorite songs.
    My most recent thing has been playing my new electric and singing with my daughter "playing" her little acoustic I got her for Christmas. We played a couple Black Keys songs.

10. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

I'm studying my classical guitar, curently studying my grade 8, plan to teach it. ^^ I completed a coarse in music technology at A2 level as well, would give a link to some of my comps, but put dam wright protecton on my disk and can't rip them properly :(
    Here's a link to something small I recorded a while ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNEQ0gAiNNQ
    It's not that great, can play it much better now, plus have a better guitar. ^^

11. Lavarian

^ Very nice! I love love love love love classical guitar. To me, it's the most beautiful instrument. I could listen to it all day and be perfectly content.

12. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

And yet you have an electric guitar with your avatar... XD
    Thanks. ^^

13. punk

punk Active Member

I'm diggin the pink floyd haha

I have a youtube channel, but some kid who thinks he's a poet went and disliked all my videos. I wouldn't mind, but I have to use that channel to promote my band... it's like pooping on my resume, ya know?

anyways, here's a cover of KIDS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxPis7Gbjlg

14. Lavarian

Where's the vocals, punk? ;)

Edit: ooh! Fell on Black Days and Mindriot!

Hello, new friend.

15. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I can sing and often do, but I don't have anything recorded. Used to sing in my ex-brother-in-laws band. Pretty fun. I also can play a little piano, and I used to play Sax and clarinet, though I doubt I could remember anything now. Kids do that to you....you have to pick your hobby:)

16. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

I play the drums, but I don't think there are any recordings of me and my band online. :p

17. punk

punk Active Member

Hiding from the world... haha.

Dude, Soundgarden is so stinkin awesome. Matt Cameron's drumming was much better in Soundgarden than it is now in Pearl Jam...