1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Latin American testicles

Discussion in 'Research' started by big soft moose, Jun 16, 2017.

This is probably a question for @Wreybies but i'm happy to hear from anyone else who knows

Okay so I know the Spanish for testicles is Cojones , but in the uk at least that's generally used in the bravery sense as in 'he doesn't have the cojones to face me'

So question is would a latin american guy actually refer to his testes as cojones or is there a different word ?

The context is the character in question has just been rescued from a 'treatment' camp and is talking about his experience with aversion therapy.

"Electrodes on the [testicles] man, fucking burns like a bastard"

A brit would probably say bollocks , but what is more authentic cojones, nuts, balls, something else ?

The guy concerned is Latin extraction from Pensacola, FL

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Cojones in the plural are your balls. We also say cojón, in the singular, and in that case it refers to the whole package down there and is often used by both men and women. Porque no me sale del cojón is a phrase we use that means the same as because I can't be arsed.

Huevos (eggs) is another word we use to refer to ones balls. Often, to ensure that the more vulgar impact is unmistakable, we purposefully mispronounce it with a G at the beginning. Guevos. Again, if you say it in the singular, it usually refers to the whole package, meat & veg, so to speak.

You can also just use bolas. This one doesn't have a singular use. No one say bola to refer to the whole shebang. One bola would just simply be one of your balls. That one's a little to literal, I guess, to play with the meaning.

These terms are the most general, global, and understood by all Latinos. There are uncountable regional terms as well.

izzybot and Fernando.C like this.
  3. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Chulpa mis huevos pendejo!

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Careful some people like getting their junk zapped. :p

Not me personally, but they are out there. :D

So I am gonna go with Wrey that Cojones or Guevoes is the way to go.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

No L in that first word. Just chupa. :whistle: :-D

Homer Potvin and Cave Troll like this.
  6. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

I can't spell English either...

Myrrdoch, Cave Troll and Wreybies like this.
  7. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Senior Member

In Hebrew both eggs and testicles are also referred to by one word. I wonder how many other languages that is the case for.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  8. J-Zatoro

J-Zatoro New Member

What the other users said is right, but also consider that it differs depending on which latin country the character is from. Each country has a bunch of vernacular words for testes. Some overlap, and some are specific to that country.

For instance, in Venezuela, you'd probably say bolas or huevos (or güebos if you wanna get burdatierruo) instead of cojones. However, if you say your balls hurt, you could say cojonera.