1. Croga

Croga New Member

Laws regarding Sex trade and smuggling people.

Discussion in 'Research' started by Croga, Sep 8, 2011.

I need to know what is the laws in regard to forced sexual labor in the EU and trafficking women and is there any special methods for preventing the trade?
    or any obvious reason it has not grown in Europe?
    What is the law when a criminal comes forward with evidence after committing a series of crimes from Murder, manslaughter, assault and obstruction of justice?

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you can get all that info by googling...

who says it 'has not grown in europe'?... it's pretty much everywhere in the world, including europe...

3. Croga

Croga New Member

I Googled it and found that its mostly in third world countries and I was trying to find while its smaller in European countries.
    I Know that the above is illegal I was not very specific to exactly what I need.
    Id like to know how customs deal with this?, or how criminals avoid customs? and the bit about bringing evidence after breaking the law.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's not a 'customs' matter, since it doesn't deal with things... it's 'immigration' that deals with people... and you can find out all you want with googling and other reseach methods, such as checking out books, articles, documentaries and movies that have thrown a light on the practice... a film starring mira sorvino is an excellent one to start with: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0461872/

she works tirelessly to stop it:
    http://www.create4theun.eu/victims-of-human-trafficking-award-winning-actress-mira-sorvino-speaks-out/

5. deltaquid

deltaquid New Member

Well, at least in Belgium, there's generally the following:

Eastern-European trucks enter the country and sometimes have people inside. Very often, Rumanian, Bulgarian and Albanian girls/women are the victims of such human trafficking. They pay with everything they have to be transported into Belgium, and when they arrive, they are completely broke and need a person to protect them. It's quite easy to fall into prostitution this way.

Meanwhile, although our customs are mostly at airports and looking for illegal contraband, they have full scanners which completely X-ray the truck and occasionally pull trucks on the highways or important roads aside to check them. It's not uncommon for the smuggled persons to be discovered this way.

Since a lot of truck drivers deliver their cargo in Brussels or Antwerp, containers are also good places to hide people. However, there are a lot of highway restaurants and motels on the Belgian highways, and a lot of truck drivers rest there for the night, which means a lot of inspections are made there. Often, the police simply pull up at the motel, check the rear of the trucks for people, and stay there for a few hours, holding up and checking any trucks driving out of the parking lot.

Note that sometimes, the truck drivers are completely oblivious to this trafficking. It's hard to make sure, of course, but they rarely get any repercussions. The smuggled people are supposed to be placed in old military bases which we've cleared recently, but that's kind of a sore and random issue here. It's arbitrary at best whether they get placed there or in a luxury hotel.

As for the law, I'm not sure. Prostitution isn't illegal, but you need to be registered and controlled by the government. Most of these forced women aren't.

This is just some info about Belgium, though. Probably doesn't apply to a lot of other countries.

I'm not sure if this answers your question... I hope it does.