1. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Natural born citizen of republic of Finland.

Do you miss reading out loud? Are you interested in history?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mike Hill, Feb 21, 2015.

If you answered yes to either of those questions I have an opportunity for you. I have been writing scripts for a podcast called History of Finland. It is quite similar to podcast series called History of Rome by Mike Duncan.
    I start from last ice age. If you are interested in getting know a whole new country and culture this might interest you.
    I read the first episode, but I wasn't quite happy with the results. I'm likely going to read some, but as a listener I would like to hear different voices although writer is the same. If anyone of you is interested in reading these 5-20 minute scripts out loud for the podcast that would be great.
    No commitment you can read one episode or as many as you want.
    You get your voice out there if you are dreaming of becoming a vice actor, you get good practice for your audio book and you can brag to your friends that you were in a real podcast that downloadable on iTunes!

I'm not sure whether the lounge was the right place to ask but here goes nothing.

BTW You don't need to have a top notch mike because you all ready got one right here:agreed:

2. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

That's a good joke, Mike - but I only just understood it.

I don't know whether our business venture would be a success. Somebody speaking English with a nice Finnish accent is best: pretty, and appropriate.

You see, times are not good for my narration career, I got this new job and toothache, but I like your plan. If you still need somebody after your initial search I offer my services for your second round, or reserve list. My usual publication fee @ zero.

All the best, Mat

Mike Hill likes this.
  3. Mike Hill

Mike Hill Natural born citizen of republic of Finland.

I was kidding with the title. Nobody misses reading out loud in school. Reading to kids, elders or anybody else is different.
    I will be reading some of the episodes myself. If you @matwoolf can read one when you have time that would be great. I think that changing readers makes it a more interesting listen.