1. Jane Kendrick

Jane Kendrick New Member

Let me introduce myself.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jane Kendrick, Apr 14, 2018.

My name is Jane Kendrick and I completed my first novel about two months ago. I have written to a few literary agents but apart from one very speedy rejection, not a suitable plot for them apparently, I have heard nothing. I want to share ideas on publishing and find out how successful self publishing is and the costs involved. I can of course find out most of these things on a google search but there is no substitute for personal experience. I have started a blog on blogger.com but I don't know how to get other writers to see it and share ideas with me.

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Contributor Contributor

:superhello:Well, that's a good start, you've found your bearings :supergrin:. Is your blog about writing in general, like advice and stuff, or about your personal journey as a writer? Are there pictures of puppies??:pop:Some forums allow a signature where you can put a link.

3. Jane Kendrick

Jane Kendrick New Member

4. Jane Kendrick

Jane Kendrick New Member

Hi DeeDee

I recently finished my first novel and just wanted to chat about getting published, other peoples experiences and how self publishing works out. I am also interested in what's motivates others to write and where they get their ideas from. I am currently writing a sequel to my book but I have another two in the pipeline. It's quite hard for me to find the time to write. Have your had books published?

5. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:Hello and welcome to the forum.

Beyond this, I can neither confirm nor deny the existance
    of any published materials at this time. :p

Good luck, and have fun. Check out the Publishing section up at the
    top of the forum main page. Lots of stuff on both traditional and
    self publishing there.
    :superagree:
    TakeThis.jpg

6. Jane Kendrick

Jane Kendrick New Member

Thank you for that. At the moment I am having problems navigating this site. I am not that technically able and so I'm struggling!

Cave Troll likes this.