1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Question [Solved] Linked image in signature?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by OurJud, Aug 29, 2018.

I found the code for this elsewhere, and it works so far as displaying (and operating) when I use the preview option, but as soon as I save and refresh, it and the code disappears. What am I missing?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Ah, understood. Never mind the question in the other thread.

The owner is staunchly against large "banner" or "billboard" signatures in the forum, linking images will not work. The staff has some small access to the use of images, but they are limited to a set of images housed within forum software that are forum-related. Even I as an admin cannot link a random image from elsewhere into my signature and have it work. I will get the same result as you.

OurJud likes this.
  3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

@Wreybies - thank you. I suspected it may be that, and only asked because I was so sure I'd seen images in some regular forum member's signatures. I'm obviously mistaken.

4. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I have seen one member so far with an image in their signature. That was a member from back in 2008, though, so it's possible that the rules were different then (or maybe there was no automated image-removal from signatures).

OurJud likes this.
  5. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I reported a new member with a massive sig image just now ... no idea how they achieved it