Listening to Music for Ideas

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kratos, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

For me it's the opposite, I can't for the love of god write with music on so I mainly listen to soundtracks (my favorite ones are the ones from Dexter, Bride's Corpse and Beetlejuice).

Soundtracks are to mainstream music what books are to magazines. No lame lyrics getting into your thinking stream, and they are consistent, examples? Of course, Monkey Business from Black Eyed Peas. I like My Humps, so I buy the album hoping for some more songs like this. But then i get “Going Going”, “Disco Club” and “Feel It”, now, I’m not saying that’s bad, I’m saying I like consistency. When you download Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow OST, you expect to get an unique kind of music and it is consistent through all the OST. Now, there are some exceptions like Dexter’s OST (I'm actually like the Score more than the OST [yeah they're different], because the score only has Daniel Licht songs) which includes various remixes, and covers from other artist other than Daniel Licht but there’s always an exception.

I think I wen't off on a tangent here. :redface:

2. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

3. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

If I listen to anything it has to be ambient or drone music.