1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

Howdy

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Christopher, Jul 20, 2007.

It says that I should post here and say hello, like all forums suggest. So HEY EVERYONE!

I'm a college freshman double majoring in jazz performance and english, so the latter is why I've joined these forums. I'm certain that they will be of use in the near future...anyone else here from Vermont?

2. luke_mushu_2010

luke_mushu_2010 New Member

Welcome to the forum Christopher! I hope you like it here!;)

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello, Christopher, welcome to the Writing Forums.

Well, I'm not from Vermont, but Central Massachusetts isn't very far away. I could say I've played tenor sax, but that would be a stretch; tortured it would be more accurate.

If you haven't done so yet, take the time to explore the forums comprising the site. The Community Interaction forums are a great place to meet other members, compete in weekly writing contests to broaden your writing skills, and shoot the breeze. The Writing Issues forums contain discussions about grammar and punctuation, story and poem development, and dealing with publishers. Finally, the Review Room is where nearly everyone is most anxious to jump in. However, it is generally wise to read other people's work and reviews, and to try writing focused analysis yourself, befor posting samples of your own writing for vivisection. In particular, examining other writers' work critically will help you tune up your own writing. Of course, there is still no substitute for another pair of eyes looking over the work without the bias of knowing the original intent of the author.

I hope you find plenty of encouragement and inspiration here, not to mention fine new friends.

Improving your writing is hard work, but by all means, have fun!

4. Novel Novice

Novel Novice New Member

Welcome to the forums... you'll be sure to find what you're looking for here! :)

5. Christopher

Christopher New Member

Indeed, that is pretty close. I actually looked at UMass-Amherst before deciding on UVM for various reasons. And about sax, ha, that's the one instrument which hates me so I can understand your struggle. I stick to bass and drums :redface:.

Well thank you all, I believe what ya'll say. Analysis and peer review is the way I've been brought up in high school honors english class, so it makes sense and I'm glad there are mature people online to help achieve great ends.

6. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hello and welcome to WF.org. I hope you have a wonderful time here with all of us.
    There is alot on offer here so I hope you take a good look around and join in where you can.
    If you would like anything that you post on the forum reviewed then simply pm one of us reviewers and we would be more than happy to help out where we can.
    Well enjoy and I shall see you around the board.

Torana

7. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Welcome Christopher and well done on bagging that user name! The welcome committee has covered all the salient points, so it leaves me to say hi and any questions feel free to ask! See you around the site.

8. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums :) Looking forward to seeing you around