1. Xander17

Xander17 Hermit Archetype Supporter Contributor

Greetings from Tassie, Oz

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Xander17, Jul 5, 2018.

˜waves˜ Hello folks.

Just signed up, but now time to head home. Do the bulk of my online stuff on my tablet in me ute, or sometimes in the art gallery\cafe in the village. Depending on weather conditions I do sometimes get one bar on me phone at home. The only place is one tiny spot in the backyard close to the house as I have to put me phone against the rain gutter. Then the weather has to be suitable and winter is just setttling in over here in beautiful Tasmania, even though it's another warm one this year, the fingers do compalin after a few minutes.

Anyways, I just finished the 1st draft of my first book. Been residing in me mindtank for nearly a decade, and it's been an interesting journey to finally finish it, which occurred 2 days ago. It's non-fiction. A detailed account of how I cured myself, back in 2009, of the two types of Depression I had, Major and Endogenous Depression, including a jolly good dose of anxiety disorder and suicidal tendencies. All of this nasty stuff manifesting in my pre-teen years and plagued me for decades.

Will be looking through the forum for info on copyrights, publishers, any technical issues regarding getting a book published. Feel free to point me in the right direction.

Feedback is also important to me and I have no issues with sharing some chapters for you folks to read and critique.

Already been researching copyright issues, looking to establish an international copyright before sending it off to publishers. And I continue to re-edit my work. Don't you just love it when you've done a full re-edit of a chapter, feel very satisfied with your work, then a few days later re-read it and still find areas to improve. I've re-edited the unfinished work at least 6 times and I laugh as I 'm still finding things that can be improved.

Anyways, it's been a relaxed but long day, time to head home.
    PS. I have a very laid back lifestyle, therefore, compared to most folks, I interact at a very slow pace. Even my elderly mother, who's needed hip replacement surgery for a long time complains I walk too slow for her when we used to take her muttleys to the beach.

The point being, patience is your ally if you wanna have a convo with me.
    Cheers.
    Xander

Anya57 likes this.
  2. Anya57

Anya57 New Member

Another newbie here, nice to meet you! Congrats on finishing the book!

3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    :superhello:
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Good Luck and have fun. :supersmile:
    Daffy Typing.gif

4. Xander17

Cheers fellow newbie. 7 years did seem too long, but like my healing journey, time is irrelevant as long as you continue, you'll achieve it.

5. Xander17

Cheers.