1. BasRoseUK

BasRoseUK New Member

Look what the cat dragged in.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BasRoseUK, May 22, 2013.

Here at last. Had my head in a keyboard for a couple of years, bashing out this and that, just for the fun of it. Then some fool read some of it and liked it. So, I thought I might just take it a bit more seriously and see what I can learn from you guys. I have always enjoyed making up stories, just in my head, exploring peoples character and wondering how those characters would perform in different situations. I flew by the seat of my pants at first but have recently started to structure my stories. Well a bit anyway. I find it fascinating how authors plan and twist plots and develop characters within them.
    Me? I live with my wife and two dogs in rural East Anglia, England.

2. Thomas Kitchen

Thomas Kitchen Proofreader in the Making Contributor

Welcome to the forums, Bas!

I'm sure you'll like it here; it's very much like an online community, with an added bonus (or not, depending on your point of view) of most members members being writers! ;) You will grow as a writer the more you ask questions and practice writing, so however stupid your question may sound, just ask it, despite some people patronising you about it. Rest assured, however, as the vast majority of members will help you and give you great feedback. Just remember to read the site rules before delving in proper.

Have fun. :)

3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Welcome, BasRoseUK! You've found a great place for writers. As Thomas said, please read the rules.
    Look around, participate, and enjoy!

4. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

Welcome around Bas. What kind of genre do you like writing ?

5. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Hi there, welcome to the forums!

6. BasRoseUK

BasRoseUK New Member

Hi PyrZern, I enjoy writing fantasy. I don't have worry too much about accuracy in the history and geography with that. Plus my wife likes that genre. I have also tried a mystery thriller. I enjoy reading those kind of books and was interested to discover the difficulties in turning a plot that I knew, into one that I had to dribble out to the reader. Thanks for the welcome.