Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRealStegblob

TheRealStegblob Kill All Mages Contributor

Beta Reading Looking for a Beta Reader for a 10-12k short story.

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by TheRealStegblob, May 9, 2018.

Hey just looking for someone interested in beta reading an upcoming project I'm about to do. It'll be a short story of at least 10k words but no more than 12k. It's a story set in a (heavily) fictionalized version of the early middle ages of Europe. PM me if you'd like to know anything more about my project and although I'm currently doing some beta reading for a couple of other people, I'd also be open to beta swaps if you have a piece of similar length to mine.

hey ok thanks

2. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Quick nitpick: beta readers are readers who look at completed drafts. The reader who looks at WIPs is called an "alpha reader."

Are you looking for somebody who'll be willing to be a beta reader at some point in the future, or are you looking for somebody who'll alpha read what you have so far?

Lawless likes this.
  3. TheRealStegblob

TheRealStegblob Kill All Mages Contributor

Oh yeah, I'm aware of the distinction between alpha/beta readers. I did mean for beta readers after I'm finished with the first draft. It's only 10-12k words so it'll take me around a week or so, I figured I'd throw out the line now and everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.