1. Haemoglobin

Haemoglobin New Member

Hi there =]

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Haemoglobin, Sep 24, 2007.

Yup, I'm new.
    Anyway, I saw this here introduction board and decided to drop off an introduction.
    Anyway, my name is Benji and I'm 18. :cool:
    I've been writing since grade school.
    Of course, back then, I was doing simple short stories and childrens books, but that's not the point.
    When it comes to what I write, well, I write all sorts of things.
    Poetry, novels and short stories are some of my favourites.
    But I think novels are my number one favourite.
    And, with those, I do romance and drama the most. =]
    Anyway, I came across this site and Google and decided to check it out. So far, I like it.
    So, what's up everyone?

2. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Hello.
    My sister will be proud to know her future child's name (Benji) is in use in the 21st Century. =]
    Anyway, welcome to the forums, and not much is up with me, besides anticipating a lame meeting at work that will ultimately irritate me. (I don't like Mondays, can you tell?)
    Hopefully you'll have a blast here, and I'm sure someone will link you to the wonderful n00bie pak. ; )

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome to the Writing forums, Haemoglobin. I had been eyeing your username, wondering who this little fella is. Well, not little. You're older than me.

Here's a basic welcome from all of us. It should be obvious, but incase it isn't, let me explain. The Writing Problems Area is exclusively where opinions on different ways to write, blockages in writing styles and similar problems can be discussed. In the Review Rom, you can get critical appreciation and/or analysis of your written material. Behold, you must first review two pieces of writing before posting your own. This is ensure the pieces are evaluated to the most. Other than this, we have Writing Cotnests, weekly and monthly, where you can submit your writing. We also have Word games, Book Discussion and so on, classified under Community interaction. It may interest you if you're just hanging around.

adamant has been kind enough to put many of the things I have mentioned or missed out on in one comprehensive place. If you want to check it out, see the Newbie Packets:
    Noobie Packets! - Writing Forums

Enjoy it here, and don't feel shy to ask for help. We are all here to teach and learn in a mutual environment. And we hope you can do the same.

Regards and Best Wishes!

4. Haemoglobin

Haemoglobin New Member

dushechka- =] Yes, Benji is still in use in the 21st century.
    Though it seems Ben and Benny are more common.
    Thank you for the welcome and I hate Mondays, too.
    I'm sure I will.
    Have a blast here, that is.

anthraxx- Lol. Thank you.
    I'll be sure to check out the Newbie packet.

5. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and a very warm welcome to WF.org where you will be sure to be sent insane from idle ramblings in the word games and lounge.
    If they do not send you insane I am sure Banzai <whenever he is going to be back here :(> and myself will be sure to do so for you.

I do hope that you will check out our weekly writing contests. A new one will be coming up soon actually for both short story and poetry. So keep your eyes peeled and join in the fun and excitement. :)

Torana

6. Kiza

Kiza New Member

Why, hello, I'm new here as well.
    Hope you feel welcome here. Ooh, now I feel superior I'm the one welcoming the people. Soon I could get a shiny new coat as well, oh the possibilities never end. Well anyway enough of my ramblings, hope you have a good time!

7. Haemoglobin

Haemoglobin New Member

Torana- Thank you for the welcome. I'll make sure to check out the weekly contests.

Kiza- Thanks for the welcome on your side, too. You really made me laugh with that. ^^

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Benji, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

9. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

The welcome committee has been here in force I see - little for me to add save my own welcome!

10. dushechka

dushechka New Member

Lol. Indeed. The name Benny entertains me, and I'm not sure why.

Anyway, hopefully you've had a good time thus far. : )

11. shadow tiger x

shadow tiger x New Member

The Australian funny farm. More than 5 minutes fro
    BIG WELCOME Benji to WF I hope you enjoy your stay here with us. I will look foward to reading your work as time goes by.

If you need any help at all please feel free to give a yell

BIG WELCOME Benji

shadow tiger x