?

can a short story be chapters with each chapter being a short story but leading to the next

Poll closed Feb 25, 2017.
  1. yes

33.3%
  2. no

33.3%
  3. more info needed

33.3%
  4. it depends

33.3%
  5. yes and no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. depends on the content

33.3%
  7. will never be published

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. furious pez

furious pez New Member

looking for help and have no clue HELP

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by furious pez, Jan 16, 2017.

hello i am new to writing i am starting this year i have a idea for a short story ok how to word this ????

i am aware short stories have no chapters etc

i want to write a novella i believe its called but bare with me, i want each chapter to be a short story but each chapter will lead to the next short story, i have a very good idea for it but some feedback on this would be amazing

basically has this bin done before i suspect it has and if so what are the books called i would love to read them mainly for structure

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Technically you can pub by chapter. I remember reading a thing a few months back on another site,
    where the guy wanted to publish a chapter a month until the end. Though it better be good enough
    to capture and hold a readership that will be willing to pay for a chapter installment a month until
    it is done.

Personally since you are looking to write something in the 30k-75k range, it would be easier to
    simply write your Novella and get it out there. Granted I have seen e-books in a series as short
    as 11k words, which is just a little longer than a few of the shorts I have written and read.
    I like my stories in one book, or a trilogy. Series tend stray after the third book. :p

So I say work on the writing. Get feedback on chunks that you feel need it. Once your piece is
    completed proofread, edit, and have it beta read. Take the beta feedback and try and apply it
    to your completed work, proofread, and edit again. Once you feel comfortable with how it is
    after all that, then decide on whether/how you want to pub.

Good luck. :supersmile:The road is long and rough, but you just gotta start writing. :supersmile:

3. furious pez

furious pez New Member

thanks i would defo love to publish and i had not even though of a beta test lol this is why i am here lol. i am considering 10 chapters but maybe 1 or 2 more so far i have the second chapter written but anyway thanks very much food for though

Cave Troll likes this.
  4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Not a prob. :supersmile:
    I am not a doctor, so it is always good to get a second opinion on such things (or 100, that will give you a higher variable).:supergrin: