1. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Hi there!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lifeline, Oct 12, 2015.

Hi there,

You will probably see not that much of me.. I discovered years ago that forum writing just is not meant for me. That is maybe not the best beginning as I am a newcomer to this board, but I hope you will bear with me.

I've written for years now (no, lets be honest, my whole life), and when I was young I had delusions about becoming a professional writer. To top that, my native language is not english, and I hesitated a long time to switch. Now I know that writing full time is not what I want to do with my life, but the urge to do it is just too strong. Probably what all addicts say. *sigh*.

About a month ago I fell for the first time into 'Writers High' (it has happened again in the meantime *smile*) and I just know that most of you will laugh when they read this. It took that obtuse one so long?, is probably what you will think! Truth is, my imagination is not that original. I can be pretty imaginative and a good critic too, but I have to get my starting ideas from someone else. Or maybe I just need to talk about it. So there we are again, that's the reason for me being on this board.

Let's look around, maybe find someone who will give my imagination kicks, and then we will see. If anyone needs help editing (but please don't ask me to edit grammar/spelling!), I can help too.

See you around, on one thread or another!

2. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Welcome to the forum, Lifeline! You say you're not much of a forum writer, but be careful, this place can be surprisingly addictive. :bigwink:

3. Lifeline

Ow, let's see how it goes. If it happens I certainly will not kick ;)

4. Lifeline

Just had to drag that old thread up again. @Lyrical, you are a seer! :)

5. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Ello Ello Ello

Lifeline likes this.
  6. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

If you EVER need any ideas feel free to send me a message. I'll be more than willing to shoot you a few or even brainstorm with you some ideas in a field you desire to write about!

Lifeline likes this.
  7. Lifeline

That's a real handsome offer and a month and a half ago I would have taken you up on it in a heartbeat. As it now is my only problem is that there are too many ideas dancing around. I'd never have thought that WF would stir up something like that. Something like the devil offering you your heart's desire? If I had suspected such a thing to happen I would maybe have thought twice about joining up!
    My only problem now is writing time (whose isn't?), the evenings are just too short. I actually started in desperation to set my alarm for 5 am :eek: (and I'll send an ironic 'Thank you' for the giver of that particular wonderful idea to the specific thread in here as soon as I find it again!!) to have some more productive writing time before my brain gets fried by work, and I am a sucker for staying up late normally! That shows you all what you have wrought!

Could be that you will find a PM somewhen when I really need to brainstorm, but at the moment TWISTED is right on track and getting stronger and more engaging by the day. I will keep your offer certainly in mind *smile*.

Knocking off to do some editing of what spilled out my brain yesternight. Should be enlightening :bigeek:.

8. ikkie

ikkie New Member

welcome...!