Tags:
  1. Magus

Magus Banned

Looking for new music

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Magus, Apr 11, 2018.

Usually not a fan of this type of music but this song is magical and my contribution. I haven't really heard any music I haven't heard 100 times before. Looking for some hidden gems from any genre, thanks!

This song is near impossible to find, it's on the the greatest things I've ever heard

Last edited: May 22, 2018
    jim onion likes this.
  2. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

If I need to go to war someday, I would sing to my loved one this, if I could.
    Забудь мене - Forget me.

Забудь мене, мене забудь,
    Як нам колись жевріла грудь,
    Як серце рвалося колись —
    Тепер ми розійшлись...

Ми мали слези у очах,
    Як ми ішли у противний шлях,
    Я плакав з горя, але ти —
    З щасливости, з щасливости...

Тобі зозуля навесні
    Кувала радість, а мені
    Вороння крякало сумне —
    Забудь мене, забудь мене...

Я йду в далеку сторону
    Боротися за вітчизну,
    А може смерть мене там жде,

Юнацькі роки вже пройшли,
    Не вернуться вже вони,
    В остатній раз прошу тебе,

Коли ж доведеться мені
    Загинуть в чужій стороні,
    Оркестра грала нам сумне

Magus likes this.
  3. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Warning: Nobody likes my kind of music. I don't know who these other hundreds of thousands of "fans" are, or where. ;P

The album "Misadventures" is probably the best thing Pierce the Veil has done in my opinion, and the rest of their discography is great, so that's saying something. A masterpiece from start to end. Good balance of melody and clean vocals, with some good old in your face screams and breakdowns. Even some retro-ish synths on a couple tracks. This album means a lot to me personally, but it's not for everybody. Different strokes, different folks.

At least PTV is self-aware of how ridiculous the emo scene is, as seen in the second video. Or, how ridiculous it was I guess- this genre is dead now for all intents and purposes, unfortunately (for me).

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Magus and GlitterRain7 like this.
  4. Magus

Magus Banned

If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you never post these songs again... that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will destroy your taste of music. (Just joking!)

It has some really nice melodys once I finally decided to give it a chance and stopped worrying about what I thought was "cool" to listen too. I really dig the screaming bits in the second song. Kinda took me off gaurd lol

jim onion likes this.
  5. Magus

Magus Banned

Reminds me of the song used in Black Hawk Down

Andrew Alvarez and jim onion like this.
  6. jim onion

jim onion New Member

The first paragraph sounds like Liam Neeson playing the role of a composer in his new hit movie, "The Last Note", where he has to save his wife and kids again. ;D

Definitely! And yeah, I don't mind screams and growls in songs but there has to be a balance, preferably 50/50 or 1/3 heavy vocals. I can't do bands that are almost all heavy vocals; starts to give me a headache after a while, even if the music is good.

Who are some of your favorite artists?

Also, Black Hawk Down = good movie. And anything that Hans Zimmer touches is blessed.

Magus likes this.
  7. Magus

Magus Banned

I'm all over the place. The first album I ever got was from Vanessa Carlton just for the song "A thousand miles". Second was Green day's American idiot(Last album I got before I learned how to download music online), and from there I got into Bowie, the Beatles, Avenged Sevenfold, Katy Perry...Avril Lavigne...Im so ashamed...I...I mean I listen to AC/DC..uh...ROLLING STONES yeah...yeah...good shit! None of that lame stuff!

jim onion likes this.
  8. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Ahoy, fellow online pirate!

Nice, I like Green Day's old stuff, and anything Avenged Sevenfold with "The Rev" on the drums is killer. My dad is a big AC/DC fan, and rock music of that era.

Not a fan of pop music, but I got over myself and stopped judging people for it once I finally realized people listen to music for different reasons.

Besides the insane instrumentals, I really appreciate the religious influence on the lyrics; just makes for an interesting concept, and way to handle those themes. Definitely beats that crap I had to sit through at church when my parents used to force me to go.

I was a big Linkin Park fan when I was younger. I don't like anything they did after Minutes to Midnight though. And I just grew up and out of their music, I guess. Still nice to go back once in a while. RIP Chester.

Indigo Abbie and Magus like this.
  9. Magus

Magus Banned

Beast and the Harlot was the first song I heard from them, loved it. I know what you mean about the religious influence, there's something ancient about it that adds to the music.

Didn't really like Good Charlotte's other songs but because Avenged Sevenfold worked with them with this one I gave this one a shot and didn't regret it! The religious lyrics really take the song to a new level.

While I'm at it I'll post another favorite of mine from a new genre. I feel like I'm back in grade 8 sharing songs on MSN.

I wouldn't be caught dead jamming out to songs like this but they're my guilty pleasure when I got my headphones in and I'm alone.

jim onion likes this.
  10. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Exactly dude! Like, you can even hear the influence in the guitar work and what not. It's incredible. Never really heard anything like it before or after.

Yeah, there's a few Good Charlotte songs I like. Usually whichever ones they'd play on the radio back in the day. I actually had no idea M. Shadows did a song with them, so thanks for sharing that; that was sweet!

LOL, that reminds me of all the scene kids on MySpace. xD

I don't mind that kind of music actually. It's nice to listen to. Good for a summer day, or a party with friends.

Reminds me. One of my guilty pleasures:

Magus likes this.
  11. GlitterRain7

GlitterRain7 Galaxy Girl Contributor

I've liked this song for a really long time. The lyrics, in my opinion, are really deep too.

jim onion and Magus like this.
  12. Magus

Magus Banned

I really like this! Never heard it before, exactly what I was looking for thank you!

jim onion and GlitterRain7 like this.
  13. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Also, Foxing. Saw these guys live with my buddy and they killed it. We got to talk to the lead singer Conor (in the video) after the show, and my friend got a signed poster. Good times.

It's funny because when we went to see them I wasn't really a big fan. I didn't dislike their music or anything - they were just "pretty good" - but that all changed when some things happened in my life. This song really made a whole lot of sense ever since then for me personally.

Here's another one, off their new album. Different sound but still Foxing at the core. Always nice when bands evolve, instead of change and alienate their fans.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Magus likes this.
  14. Magus

Magus Banned

The first song feels a lot different once I looked up the lyrics. I couldn't make out what he was saying before I did and thought it was pretty mediocre. Goes to show why so many people love so many different genres of music, its not necessarily about the sound, it's the package. You bring to it all your experience and emotion, and I guess the great ones draw the emotion out of you through sound alone.

15. Andrew Alvarez

Andrew Alvarez Senior Member

I was searching for a specific song to convey disappointment after having struggled for a cause, and being betrayed by it at the end. And I stumbled on this one. I think is nothing short than genius.

Magus likes this.
  16. Magus

Magus Banned

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  17. Magus

Magus Banned

This song always had a Bowie feel to it for me.

And while I'm at it this song is beautiful as well, I really should watch this movie someday.

Andrew Alvarez likes this.
  18. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Yeah, most music is like that for me. It usually either takes me a lot of listens and / or searching the song to figure out what the lyrics are. The less mainstream I go, the more this seems to be true.

I don't think it's a matter of intentionally singing so as to be incomprehensible. I think it comes with the territory of unique vocal styles and overall sounds. I agree that music is definitely a to-each-his-own kind of thing; everybody has different personal experiences and tastes.

Somebody couldn't properly spell the title of this song.

Magus likes this.
  19. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Love this part of the forum Music! i just got a new foot pedal yesterday with 80 presets it took me 2 n' half hours to go through them all:blech:
    Hope ya'll enjoy this one it's soft but has a catchy beat

Mother's Day calls only 5 hours sleep, i can do this!

20. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

I just finished listening to a groove beat thing with Turkish (I think) prayer call dubbs. It makes the alien living in my brain smile.

Hon, have you ever heard a werewolf sing? (Not howl - sing) I'll look for the track name.

Avenged! Scream, baby! It touches my primal alien soul.

PTV caught me. I had to go back, then I figured it out, they're like a younger version of Puddle Of Mudd (Psycho, Famous, Stoned). Now I want to do a vid with an AK for a base track, maybe a couple of shotguns...

Whatever rocks you, rocks me, so keep em cranking.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  21. Jenissej

Jenissej Professional Lurker Supporter Contributor

Yes :-D

If you're looking for some non-mainstream stuff, I recommend diving into the folk punk section of YouTube

Some Guy likes this.
  22. honey hatter

honey hatter Banned

Haunting melodies of Suilen I can't confirm they're vampires unfortunately, unless I taste there blood

Some Guy and Magus like this.
  23. Magus

Magus Banned

I started off not really liking the songs you posted, but now they're in my playlists. I've listening to the medic at least a dozen times since. I can't explain why my perception of them changed so drastically. I remember not liking the melody, but then out of nowhere it clicked and I did.

jim onion likes this.
  24. Magus

Magus Banned

Folk punk, I didn't know those two things could be mixed so well.

I found a good one I thought I would share again.

Some Guy likes this.
  25. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

God, that last song gives me chills ! I never imagined it put to video. Hairs on me arms standing up. Heavy. Wuuh!

Magus likes this.