Tags:
  1. camma

camma New Member

Looking for someone who needs help

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by camma, Dec 8, 2021.

Hi,
    my name is Camma and i would like to gain some experience on plot writing.
    In order to do so i'm looking for someone who needs help to write the plot for his story to help him writing.
    If you are intersted contact me.
    English isn't my first language, i don't want money and i'm not a professional writer of course.

Cress Albane and Lawless like this.
  2. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

A good place to start working on your plotting skills is to look in the workshop here. Post some comments on other's stories if you feel there are improvements that can be done in their plotting. That's what they are posted there for, of course. Unfinished works looking for fresh eyes to come up with good ideas. I look forward to seeing your interaction on the boards!

3. SapereAude

SapereAude Contributor Contributor

I don't think Camma is asking for help, I think he/she is offering TO help

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

exactly - and the best place to help is in the workshop, the whole purpose of that area is for members to help each other.

TJ Waters likes this.
  5. Flamenco1

Flamenco1 Member

Camma can I ask what is your first language and culture? I´d imagine it might well impact plot ideas.

6. camma

camma New Member

Hi,
    my first language is italian and i'm from Italy so my culture is mostly western.

7. evild4ve

evild4ve Critique is stranger than fiction Supporter Contributor

Hi Camma - are you more interested to critique and improve someone's work or to find someone to collaborate with on a new project from the start?

8. camma

camma New Member

Both are fine, i'm not picky.
    My only problem is time since i'm currently an university student.

9. Cress Albane

Cress Albane Active Member

Hi, I've spent most of my free time analyzing things like story structure and plot development. I'm looking for someone who'll tell me their honest opinion on what I've been able to achieve so far. Also, I love teaching people, so If you'd like to ask me anything about writing (though I'm also only an amateur, my first novel is coming together very slowly) don't be afraid to DM me. Also, I've been helping a lot of my friends to improve their English so I'd gladly help you as well if you feel the need.

Other than that, as mentioned above, the workshop here is a great place to start learning. Writing a critique will likely help you understand the general rules of writing and if you'll upload your own text, you'll get the chance to get feedback from both amateurs and professional editors. And if you'd like to work with one specific person, check the "collaborations" page. People there often look for beta readers, co-writers, etc.