1. QueenOfPlants

QueenOfPlants Definitely a hominid

Looking for writing buddy in sci-fi/fantasy

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by QueenOfPlants, Oct 6, 2021.

Hi,

I would like to have a writing buddy for mutual help with things like motivation, idea development, critique / beta reading etc.

There are several WIPs in my drawer and I am hoping to make some progress on at least one of them during the upcoming winter time. NaNoWriMo would also be a good opportunity for that.

I'm a hobbyist writer who is trying to improve, but I often run into dead ends. So, having another person to bounce ideas off of or ask for input would be helpful.
    And I also like brainstorming and trying to find ideas and solutions for other people's writing problems.

My writing is all in the area of science fiction and fantasy, but not tied to one specific style or sub-genre.

Right now I want to work on an optimistic semi-hard science fiction novel set in roughly 150 years from now. There will be aliens. It might be reminiscent of Star Trek.

I'm in my late 30s and not a native English speaker. But I'm writing in English for the reason that the anglophone internet sphere is larger and I might find more readers once I have finished something. I'm not looking to publish anything for money yet.

I hope I find somebody here who finds this proposal appealing. Happy writing! :)

2. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

Hey plants, I'll PM you and help you out. I've another writing partner who is german and into scifi, and I helped her release her first novel, so I might be right up your street :)

QueenOfPlants likes this.
  3. Chromewriter

Chromewriter Contributor Contributor

Well I'm more of a fantasy geek but I can definitely work with you if you want! I'm still kind of working slowly on my own stuff so it may be that I'd just be mostly helping you bounce ideas of me rather than the other way around though. But hopefully that'll motivate me more to keep up! :D

QueenOfPlants likes this.
  4. QueenOfPlants

QueenOfPlants Definitely a hominid

Steve was already so kind to offer his help, but that doesn't mean I might not want a second opinion at some time. :)
    I also have fantasy projects in my drawer. ^ ^

So, I might come back to your offer later. And if you need somebody for a 1:1 chat about some writing issues, feel free to contact me.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

I still hold to the commitment I made previously :) I'm writing for similar reasons. I'd be glad to brainstorm, bounce ideas, soundboard, share, or just talk.
    You know where I live ;)

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

You know where I live ;) I'd be glad to speak alien or plant with you! :)