Tags:
  1. semicolon

semicolon Member

Hello from the cornfields of illinois

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by semicolon, Aug 16, 2015.

Hello, everyone. My name is semicolon, which is actually sort of a pun, if you get it (has to do with the punctuation mark and the body part). But, I come straight out of the cornfields of Illinois, and over the last few years I've been writing a lot of slam poetry, some of which I've performed at Louder than a Bomb, which if you don't know, is the largest youth poetry slam in the world. Recently, I've been writing a lot more fiction and I just found this site this morning (it's like 2am), so I figured I may as well introduce myself. So, yeah. That's me. :)

2. Song

Song Active Member

Welcome to the forum :superhello:
    Haven't heard of Slam Poetry for a long time. Not since Saul Williams made a film by the same name.

3. semicolon

semicolon Member

Thanks :) I've heard of Saul Williams, and I can't remember if that was him or someone else who wrote the poem from the perspective of Wile E. Coyote. But, if you've seen that movie and enjoy it, I recommend you check out the Louder than a Bomb documentary. We watch it every year for Creative Writing Club at my high school and this guy, Adam Gottlieb, was in it and he is quite an amazing poet. He collaborates with an organization I'm a part of, Teen Writer's and Artist's Project, and he was actually my poetry coach for the last two years when I competed in the slam myself. Very exciting.

4. semicolon

semicolon Member

Heh, looked it up. Wasn't him.

5. Song

Song Active Member

Wow cool, I love saul williams. I love existentialism and metaphysical stuff, and his poetry often tickles at it. I'll have to check it out.

6. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Welcome, enjoy some semi colons!