Tags:
  1. writingistelepathy

writingistelepathy Member

Magic and power

Discussion in 'Research' started by writingistelepathy, Nov 7, 2018.

I'm currently planning a story with a female lead who is a celebrity, and is later discovered to be a witch by her PR (or it is kept from the reader for some time, until the PR's POV - haven't decided yet...). This is a basic synopsis of course.

I am currently researching witchcraft and also about selling souls to the devil, I see these as two totally different things but both could be involved in my plot in some way. What I am trying to find out is any instances or information on witchcraft/magic linking with power in some way, such as historical people who have been in a powerful position (famous, politician) and then have been linked to witchcraft/devil selling. I know there are tons of conspiracy theories on "lizard people" etc but looking for more historical research on this.

Any tidbits of informations you might have is really appreciated!

2. Azuresun

Azuresun Senior Member

Hmm....Anne Boleyn was accused of witchcraft as a way to get her marriage to King Henry annulled, and the Knights Templar were dissolved partly due to accusations of heresy and devil worship. Is that the sort of thing you're talking about?

writingistelepathy likes this.
  3. Maggie May

Maggie May Active Member

Lucrezia Borgia; Elizabeth Bathory....many were murderers and were also accused of some kind of witch craft. As if a woman could not kill unless she was a witch.

DK3654 likes this.